American Boat and Yacht Council
The American Boat and Yacht Council is a non-profit organization which sets standards for the safe construction and maintenance of boats in the United States. It is a standards development member of the American National Standards Institute. Founded in 1954, it is currently chaired by Kenneth Weinbrecht of Ocean-Bay Marine Services, Inc. It sets standards on items such as required electrical cable color coding, size and construction. Some standards, such as bilge pump requirements, are legally binding.
- Calder, Nigel (1995). Boatowner's Mechanical and Electrical Manual. ISBN 978-0070096189.
- "American Boat and Yacht Council Hosts First International Marine Standards Summit". 2006-03-15. Retrieved 2014-09-30.
- ABYC Marine Technician Training & Certification
- "Dave Marlow named Board Chair of the American Boat & Yacht Council". 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2014-09-30.
- "ABYC H-22: DC Electric Bilge Pumps Operating Under 50 Volts - abyc.H-22.1986.pdf" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-09-30.