American College of Greece
|Motto||Non Ministrari, Sed Ministrare|
|Established||1875Smyrna, Asia Minor,|
|President||Dr. David G. Horner|
|Campus||Agia Paraskevi campus|
|Colors||Blue & White|
Today ACG has three divisions:
- Pierce, for secondary education
- Deree College, for undergraduate and postgraduate liberal arts
- Alba Graduate Business School
The American College of Greece was founded in Smyrna, in Asia Minor in 1875 as a school for girls. It was relocated to Hellenikon, Athens, after the loss of Asia minor to the Turks at the invitation of then Prime Minister of Greece Eleftherios Venizelos. During the Axis occupation of Greece, its premises were used as a hospital under German command. After the war, the College reopened at Hellenikon, where it remained until it moved to its new campus in the Athens suburb of Agia Paraskevi, where it operates to this day.
Pierce has won the British Council International School Award for the academic years 2015-2018 bestowed by the British Council in Greece and is a member of the International Schools Theater Association.
The American College awarded its first baccalaureate degrees in 1969. In 1973, its undergraduate division was renamed Deree in honor of Greek-born benefactor from Chicago, William S. Deree (born Derehanis). In 2004, it offered its first graduate programs.
Deree is an educational institution accredited in the United States, and by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). One campus is located in Aghia Paraskevi, Athens, with four schools: Business; Liberal Arts and Sciences; Fine and Performing Arts; and the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences that offers Master's degrees in applied psychology, communication, and leadership.
In 2012 the American College of Greece formed an alliance with Alba Graduate Business School.
- "President Horner Interviewed on CNN.gr". The American College of Greece. 21 March 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-19. Retrieved 2014-02-14.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Make a gift". American College of Greece. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Rogakos, Megakles. "Dr. John S. Bailey". www.acgart.gr. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "President's Biography". The American College of Greece. 2016-05-12. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "The Board of Trustees". The American College of Greece. 2016-05-12. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "The American College of Greece, PIERCE". International Baccalaureate. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "Pierce is now an authorized IB World School (beginning September 2016)". www.pierce.gr. Retrieved 2018-07-01.