|American Cyborg: Steel Warrior|
|Directed by||Boaz Davidson|
|Written by||Bill Crounse (screenplay)|
Boaz Davidson (story)
Brent V. Friedman (screenplay)
Christopher Pearce (story)
Don Pequignot (screenplay)
|Produced by||Amnon Globus, Yoram Globus, Menahem Golan, Marcos Szwarcfiter|
John Saint Ryan
|Edited by||Alain Jakubowicz|
|Music by||Blake Leyh|
|Distributed by||Cannon Films|
|Box office||$447,784 (US)|
American Cyborg: Steel Warrior is a 1993 American science fiction action film directed by Boaz Davidson and released by Global Pictures. John Ryan plays the android assassin in the future to kill Mary, a woman who was able to give life to a fetus played by Nicole Hansen. Joe Lara plays Austin, a mercenary who is actually a cyborg, but vows to protect Mary.
American Cyborg: Steel Warrior was the 2nd to last film to be theatrically released by Cannon, before Hellbound.
After World War III, people are sterile and ruled by the artificial intelligences they created in this violent world. The only woman who was able to give life to a fetus has to take it through the dangerous city of Charleston, South Carolina to the port where a ship is on its way to Europe. She is followed by an android assassin through all the dangers, and only one man tries to help her survive and protect her from the killing machine.
- Joe Lara as Austin (cyborg)
- Nicole Hansen as Mary
- John Saint Ryan as Android Assassin (John Ryan)
- Yosef Shiloach as Akmir
- Uri Gavriel as Leech Leader
- Hellen Lesnick as Carp
- Andrea Litt as Arlene
- Jack Widerker as Dr. Ben Buckley
- Kevin Patterson as Runner Underground Lab Worker
- P.C. Frieberg as Starving Old Man
- Nicole Berger as Hooker
- Allen Nashman as Underground Lab Scientist
- Jack Adalist as Main Thug
- David Milton Johnes as Paramedic on Rescue Boat
- Eric Storch as Main Scavenger
American Cyborg: Steel Warrior was released with the same name in the Philippines by Eastern Films on July 9, 1993. In the United States, the film was released on January 7, 1994.
- "Cyborgize Beginning Today". Manila Standard. Kamahalan Publishing Corp. July 9, 1993. p. 20.
From the producers of the original 'Cyborg' which launched Jean-Claude-Van-Damme to stardom!
- Webster, Dan (January 1, 1995). "In Year of Disappointments, Some Movies Still Delivered". The Spokesman-Review (Spokane ed.). p. 2.
- American Cyborg: Steel Warrior at IMDb
- American Cyborg: Steel Warrior at Rotten Tomatoes