American Dream, Global Nightmare is a book by Ziauddin Sardar and Merryl Wyn Davies (Icon Books, 2004).
This book presents the neoconservative ideology of Pax Americana as ten laws.
- Law 1: Fear is essential.
- Law 2: Escape is the reason for being.
- Law 3: Ignorance is bliss.
- Law 4: America is the idea of nation.
- Law 5: Democratisation of everything is the essence of America.
- Law 6: American democracy has the right to be imperial and express itself through Empire.
- Law 7: Cinema is the engine of Empire.
- Law 8: Celebrity is the common currency of Empire.
- Law 9: War is a necessity.
- Law 10: American tradition and history are universal narratives applicable across all time and space.