American Film Market
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|American Film Market® (AFM®)|
|Genre||Film Market, film distribution|
|Venue||Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel & Le Merigot Beach Hotel|
|Location(s)||Santa Monica, California|
|Organized by||Independent Film & Television Alliance|
The American Film Market (AFM) is a film industry event held each year at the beginning of November in Santa Monica, California. The 2018 AFM took place October 31 - November 7. More than 7,000 people attend the eight-day annual event to network and to sell, finance and acquire films. Participants come from more than 70 countries and include acquisition and development executives, agents, attorneys, directors, distributors, festival directors, financiers, film commissioners, producers, writers, etc. Founded in 1981, the AFM is a marketplace for the film business, where unlike a film festival, production and distribution deals are the main focus of the participants.
The American Film Market uses all 15 movie theatres on Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade (and in the surrounding community) and builds nine high definition screening rooms to accommodate 700 screenings of over 400 films (often world or U.S. premieres). The films shown are ones seeking theatrical and television distribution.
The AFM is produced by the Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA), the trade association representing the world's producers and distributors of independent motion pictures and television programs.
- "Indie Filmmakers Storm the Beach at American Film Market". HuffPost. November 7, 2011. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- sdsichero. "Toho's 'Shin Godzilla' Gets An English Title". Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- "American Film Market 1981". filmfestivalposters.com. 2014. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016.
- "American Film Market Staying Put In Santa Monica With New Deal Through 2017". Deadline Hollywood. December 8, 2011. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "IFTA Renews Jean Prewitt, AFM Topper Jonathan Wolf". Variety. July 13, 2015. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
|This article related to a film organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|