American Gaming Association
The American Gaming Association (AGA) is a United States gaming industry association. It was founded in 1994 with the goal of promoting, educating and lobbying on behalf of the gaming entertainment industry through education and advocacy. The AGA's offices are located in Washington, D.C..
The AGA addresses federal legislative and regulatory issues affecting its members and their employees and customers, such as federal taxation, regulatory issues, and travel and tourism matters. It also attempts to serve as the gaming industry's information clearinghouse, providing the public, the media and decision makers timely, accurate gaming industry data. AGA members include major casino operators, financial and professional service companies, suppliers of gaming products, as well as representatives of state or regional gaming associations.
Each year the AGA sponsors a major gaming trade show, the Global Gaming Expo.
Frank Fahrenkopf, a former chairman of the Republican Party, was the AGA's president from its inception until his retirement in mid-2013. Geoff Freeman, head of the U.S. Travel Association, was selected by the AGA board in April 2013 to replace Fahrenkopf.  Freeman will leave the AGA in late July 2018 to become the president and CEO of the Grocery Manufacturers Association. In December 2018, the AGA named Bill Miller, a senior vice-president of the Business Roundtable lobby group, as Freeman’s permanent replacement, effective January 14, 2019.
- Barry Meier (October 3, 2010). "Casinos Now See Online Gambling as a Better Bet". New York Times.
- Bill O’Driscoll (January 8, 2013). "American Gaming Association chief to step down in June". USA Today.
- Byron Tau and Anna Palmer (April 15, 2013). "Freeman to American Gaming Association - Mack moves to Liberty Partners Group - IBM leaders to lobby on the hill - Exxon hires Capitol Hill Consulting Group". Politico.com. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- Velotta, Richard N. (June 4, 2018). "Geoff Freeman to leave American Gaming Association in August". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved June 6, 2018.
- "AGA Names Bill Miller as New President and Chief Executive Officer". AGA. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 6 January 2019.