American Graphics Institute
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
American Graphics Institute (AGI) is the publisher of the Digital Classroom book series, and their staff are the author of several Dummies books on web design and publishing software. American Graphics Institute also provides professional development classes at five locations operated by the institute and hosts the CRE8 conference.
Started in 1994 by Christopher Smith  and Jennifer Smith, American Graphics Institute originally provided instruction on the use of early desktop publishing software from companies such as Adobe Systems and Quark, Inc. AGI later added web publishing and interactive design classes. AGI also publishes the Digital Classroom book series, and they author many books listing AGI as the author. AGI's books are on written on topics relating to web publishing, interactive design, photo manipulation, illustration, and operating systems. The Digital Classroom books are widely used in universities and colleges around the world for classes that teach design and publishing. Several Dummies books are authored by AGI's instructors. In 2007, American Graphics Institute was acquired by creative staffing firm Aquent. In July 2009, the founders reacquired American Graphics Institute.
American Graphics Institute hosts the annual CRE8 Conference in Florida. The conference provides professional development education for marketing and design professionals. Past CRE8 speakers include Marissa Mayer, Al Gore, and Michael Eisner.
American Graphics Institute has training centers in these cities:
- "Digital Classroom book series". Wiley.
- "CRE8 Conference" (PDF).
- "Biography of Christopher Smith on InformIT".
- "Author biography at X-Ray magazine".
- "Interview with Christopher Smith by PlanetPDF".
- "Microsoft listing AGI as training resource for web and interactive design".
- "Books Published by AGI".
- "AGI's Digital Classroom books adopted at Boise State".
- "AGI's Digital Classroom books used at Wake College".
- "Regent University adopts Digital Classroom books" (PDF).
- "Clover Park Technical School uses CS4 Digital Classroom books".
- "University of California adopts Digital Classroom CS4 book".
- "Dummies books written by AGI instructors".
- "Aquent Announces Acquisition of American Graphics Institute (AGI)".
- "CRE8 Conference hosted by AGI co-locates with GOA 2010" (PDF).
- "Marissa Mayer Keynote: CRE8 2007".
- "GoogleBooks and Adobe Fever – A Luddite's Lament".
- "Eisner Headlines CRE8 Conference" (PDF).