American Graphics Institute
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
American Graphics Institute (AGI) is an company that offers publishing consulting and technical training. The institute also writes and publishes books on publishing, business strategy and design technology.
AGI was founded in 1994 by Christopher Smith and Jennifer Smith. American Graphics Institute originally provided instruction on the use of early desktop publishing software from companies such as Adobe Systems and Quark, Inc. AGI later began teaching web publishing and interactive design classes. In 2007, American Graphics Institute was acquired by creative staffing firm Aquent. In July 2009, the founders reacquired American Graphics Institute.
AGI's founders and instructors are the authors and creators of various books, e-books, and video tutorials. The books cover 16 different topics including web design, HTML, Adobe, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office. Some of the books were created for the For Dummies book series.
In 2013, AGI partnered with publisher John Wiley & Sons to launch the Digital Classroom website. The website was a digital subscription service that gave subscribers access to 2,500 video tutorials and 50 e-books. Many of the eBooks and video tutorials were created by AGI. While the Digital Classroom subscription service is no longer available, the Digital Classroom e-books are still in publication. The Digital Classroom books have also been used in universities and colleges around the world for classes that teach design and publishing.
Development Training and Consulting
AGI's development training services include certificate programs, classes at training centers and through online courses, and private training for groups and organizations.
American Graphics Institute has training centers in these cities:
American Graphics Institute hosts the annual CRE8 Conference in Florida. The conference provides professional development education for marketing and design professionals. Past CRE8 speakers include Marissa Mayer, Al Gore, and Michael Eisner.
- Hartsock, Nettie (2007-03-15). "Interview with Christopher Smith by PlanetPDF". Planet PDF. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Aquent aquires American Graphics Institute". Advertising Age. 2007-02-08.
- "Digital Classroom Books from AGI". AGI. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Dummies books written by AGI instructors".
- "Wiley Launches Digital Classroom, Video and Ebook E-Learning Site". 2013-03-19. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Wiley, American Graphics Institute Launch the Digital Classroom". Publishers Weekly. 2013-03-19. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "AGI's Digital Classroom books adopted at Boise State".
- Soloski, Alexis (2014-04-02). "27 Ways to Better Yourself This Summer in NYC". Village Voice. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "CRE8 Conference hosted by AGI co-locates with GOA 2010" (PDF).
- "Marissa Mayer Keynote: CRE8 2007".
- "GoogleBooks and Adobe Fever – A Luddite's Lament".
- "Eisner Headlines CRE8 Conference" (PDF).