American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (July 2012)|
Established in 1953, the Educational Institute, a nonprofit member benefit of the American Hotel and Lodging Association, provides hospitality education, training and professional certification that serves the needs of hospitality schools and industries worldwide.
The Educational Institute certifies and validates competencies in conjunction with academia and industry experts for over 35 positions in the hospitality industry; designations from line-level to general manager, CHA or Certified Hotel Administrator.
The Lamp of Knowledge Award
EI also recognizes an outstanding hospitality educator annually in four categories with The Lamp of Knowledge Award that is presented to those who demonstrate an extraordinary commitment to advancing the professionalism and quality of education in the hospitality industry. Award categories are Outstanding U.S. Educator, Outstanding International Educator, Outstanding High School Educator, and Outstanding Student. “The foundation for every individual or company success in our industry begins with great teachers, educators, and mentors,” said EI president and COO, Robert L. Steele III.
The Educational Institute has more than 90 licensed affiliates in 54 countries. EI has offices in Lansing, Michigan, Orlando, Florida and India, and holds exclusive Hospitality Education Program (HEP) license agreements in 45 countries connecting the Educational Institute to hospitality operations throughout Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
Most certifications, especially CHA's, can earn undergraduate or graduate credit for their certification when they enroll in certain American Public University programs of study from the American Public University, and the University of Phoenix. The American Council on Education (ACE) determined the CHA certification is worth six semester credits at an upper-division baccalaureate degree level and three semester credits at a graduate degree levels.
- "The Best of the Industry:". Certified Hotel Administrators. Southwind Hospitality. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "CHA Certification". CHA. AHLEI. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Lamp of Knowledge Recipients 2011". Search Results "Lamp of Knowledge". AHLEI. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "UVU Professor Honored As Outstanding U.S. Educator". UVU Press Release. Utah Valley University. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "2011 Award Presentation Photo to Craig Huish". AHIA Website Pictures. AHIA. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "We Train The Best". About the Educational Institute. AHLEI. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Hospitality Career Path, Hospitality Career Path Certifications.
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute Website
- AHLA Website
- EI Website info on Lamp of knowledge Award
- North Bay Businees Journal