American Idols LIVE! Tour 2004
|Tour by American Idol|
Fantasia Barrino, Diana DeGarmo
Jasmine Trias, Jennifer Hudson, Jon Peter Lewis, Camile Velasco
|Start date||July 14, 2004|
|End date||October 5, 2004|
|Number of shows||50|
|Box office||US$11.4 million from 49 shows|
|American Idol concert chronology|
American Idols Live! Tour 2004 was a summer concert tour featuring the Top 10 contestants of the third season of American Idol, which aired in 2004. The tour was sponsored by Kellogg's Pop-Tarts. It was the third in the series the American Idols Tour.
The tour started in Salt Lake City on July 14, 2004. Initially, 48 tour dates were planned, but three shows were later added in Honolulu in response to demand from fans of Jasmine Trias and Camile Velasco, as well as one final show in Singapore. Two shows (Ames, Iowa and Fargo, North Dakota) were cancelled due to poor sales.
|Fantasia Barrino (winner)||Diana DeGarmo (2nd place)|
|Jasmine Trias (3rd place)||La Toya London (4th place)|
|George Huff (5th place)||John Stevens (6th place)|
|Jennifer Hudson (7th place)||Jon Peter Lewis (8th place)|
|Camile Velasco (9th place)||Amy Adams (10th place)|
- Amy Adams - "Knock on Wood" (Aaron Lines)
- Camile Velasco - "Ex-Factor" (Lauryn Hill)
- Jon Peter Lewis - "Superstition" (Stevie Wonder)
- Jennifer Hudson - "Since You've Been Gone" (Aretha Franklin)
- John Stevens - "Come Fly with Me" (Frank Sinatra)
- George Huff - "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" (The Temptations)
- LaToya London - "My All" (Mariah Carey)
- Jasmine Trias - "How Will I Know" (Whitney Houston)
- Diana DeGarmo - "Dreams" (Diana DeGarmo), "River Deep, Mountain High" (Tina Turner)
- Fantasia Barrino - "Summertime", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" (Stevie Wonder)
- Prince medley - "When Doves Cry"/"Yeah!" (Usher) (DeGarmo and Trias), "Kiss" (London), "U Got the Look" (Adams and Lewis), "Diamonds and Pearls" (DeGarmo), "Baby I'm a Star" (Barrino, DeGarmo and Trias), "Nothing Compares 2 U" (Huff and Hudson), "Purple Rain" (Barrino)
- DeGarmo - "Old Time Rock and Roll" (Bob Seger)
- Stevens - "My Funny Valentine"
- Stevens and Barrino - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (Queen)
- Barrino, Hudson and Adams - "A Fool in Love" (Ike & Tina Turner)
- Stevens, Huff, Lewis and DeGarmo - "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Marvin Gaye)
- Trias (Barrino, Huff and DeGarmo on back-up) - "If I Ain't Got You" (Alicia Keys)
- Adams, London and Hudson - "Dangerously In Love" (Beyoncé)
- Girls - "Heartburn" (Alicia Keys)
- Lewis (Barrino, London and Hudson on back-up) - "Hey Ya!" (OutKast)
- Huff (Lewis on Guitar) - "What's Going On" (Marvin Gaye), "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" (Darkness)
- Huff and Barrino - "All My Life" (K-Ci & JoJo)
- Group - "Where Is the Love?" (The Black Eyed Peas), "Hollywood Swinging" (Kool & the Gang)
- Guys - "Soul Man" (Sam & Dave)
- Girls - "Crazy In Love" (Beyoncé)
- Barrino - "I Believe" (Barrino)
- DeGarmo - "His Eye Is on the Sparrow"
- Group - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" (Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell)
- DeGarmo suffered severe bruising to her legs falling from a flight of stairs during a show in Grand Rapids, and took no further part in that show. She performed just her solo song "Dreams" for the next show in Detroit, but gradually returned to her full set of performances after a few shows.
- Tamyra Gray from Season 1 of American Idol appeared as a guest-star in the first few weeks of the tour and performed songs from her album The Dreamer - "Star", "Raindrops Will Fall", "Don't Stop (Keep It Coming)" which replaced songs such as Diana DeGarmo's "Old Time Rock and Roll".
- The Albany show included a birthday tribute to Camile Velasco.
- Camile Velasco missed the shows in Canada and Singapore due to passport issues.
- Only 7 of the Top 10 finalists went to Singapore (Barrino, DeGarmo, Trias, London, Huff, Hudson and Lewis), the set list was therefore modified accordingly and truncated, with Jon Peter Lewis of the seven first on the show with Superstition after an Indonesian Idol winner Joy Tobing opened the show with Shania Twain's "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!".
- Jasmine Trias went on her own tour in the Philippines straight after the American Idol tour ended in Singapore.
Despite having three sell-out shows in Hawaii, the attendances for most of the shows were significantly lower than the first two tours. Average number of tickets sold fell by 40% compared to Season 1 and 48% compared to Season 2. Excluding Singapore (where the attendance numbered around 7000), a total of 258,577 tickets were sold, grossing $11,400,424 according to Billboard.
- Number of shows - 50 (3 sold out)
- Total gross - $11,400,424 (49 shows)
- Total attendance - 258,577 (49 shows)
- Average attendance - 5,277 (60%)
- Average ticket price - $44.09
- Fantasia Gets Standing O, JPL A Wanted Man, Huff Tackles Darkness At 'Idols' Launch
- American Idols Live tour canvasses the U.S. this summer
- 'Idol' Tour To Feature Hits By Outkast, Alicia Keys, Beyonce
- American Idol headed to Singapore
- 'Idol' Runner-Up DeGarmo Injured After Falling During Tour
- Tamyra Gray Joins 'Idol' Tour
- 'American Idol' by the numbers
Season 2 (2003)
|American Idols LIVE! Tour
Season 3 (2004)
Season 4 (2005)