American International College
|Motto||Post Tenebras Lux|
Motto in English
|"Light after Darkness"|
|Established||July 18, 1885|
|President||Vincent M. Maniaci|
|Location||Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
|Colors||Black, Gold and White
American International College was originally established on July 18, 1885 as the French Protestant College by Rev. Calvin E. Amaron, who sought to create an institution of higher learning that would provide the local French Protestant minority with access to higher education. Over the years the college expanded its admissions program to include women, in 1892, as well as minorities who were not of French origin and had immigrated to Western Massachusetts from other parts of Europe and Canada. Today, the college is a thriving multi-cultural institution of higher learning that continues to emphasize its commitment to the local community.
The college offers undergraduate and graduate programs, including master's and doctoral degrees and certificates of advanced graduate study (CAGS). There are three schools which focus on their respective academic areas: the School of Business, Arts, and Sciences; the School of Health Sciences; and the School of Graduate and Adult Education.
The school competes in NCAA Division II, and is a member of the Northeast-10 Conference. The exception is the school's men's ice hockey team, which is a member of the Division I Atlantic Hockey Association.
AIC also has a college rugby program that was founded in 2009 and began play in 2010. The rugby program is part of the school's athletic department, has varsity status, with rugby scholarships available for students. AIC plays in Division I in the East Coast Rugby Conference. AIC rugby is led by head coach Joshua Macy.
- Paul Babeu, Arizona sheriff
- Richard Neal, member of the United States House of Representatives
- Mike Gravel, Alaska [[United States Senate|Senator
- Jim Calhoun, a Hall of Fame basketball coach
- Dave Forbes, NHL hockey player
- Mario Elie, NBA guard
- Bruce Laird, NFL safety for the Baltimore Colts
- "Logo Usage & Brand Standards Manual" (PDF). American International College. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- AIC Rugby, Fast Facts, http://aicrugby.com/about-us/fast-facts/
- USA Rugby, American International College, http://usarugby.org/college-directory/item/american-international-college
- AIC Official website
- AIC Official athletics website
- Northeast-10 Conference Official website
- Atlantic Hockey Official website