American Journal of Transplantation
|Edited by||Allan D. Kirk|
|Am. J. Transplant.|
The American Journal of Transplantation is a monthly peer-reviewed medical journal published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons and the American Society of Transplantation. It covers research on all aspects of organ transplantation. Each issue offers continuing medical education in the form of its Images in Transplantation feature, a case-based approach.
From 2011 to 2015, a shorter, Czech language-version of the journal was published quarterly, each issue containing five articles originally published in the American Journal of Transplantation. The local editor was Ondrej Viklický (Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague).
The journal publishes a yearly supplement, the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network and Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients Annual Data Report, which is a collection of data about transplant patients. Another annual supplement is the collected abstracts submitted to the American Transplant Congress. A third annual supplement is the ASTS State of the Art Winter Symposium supplement, which is published in January and contains the schedule, abstracts, and other information about the symposium. To date, the journal has published three Infectious Diseases Guidelines supplements (2004, 2009, and 2013).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic Search
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- CAB Abstracts
- CAB Health
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- CSA Biological Sciences Database
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- Health Economic Evaluations Database
- Dietary Supplements
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Veterinary Bulletin
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2017 impact factor of 6.493, ranking it second out of 25 journals in the category "Transplantation" and sixth out of 200 journals in the category "Surgery".
- "Images in Transplantation". Wiley-Blackwell. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Faculty Members". Alberta Transplant Applied Genomics Centre. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "The new Editor-in-Chief presents opening thoughts". Wiley Online Library. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- American Journal of Transplantation, Czech edition. 3 (3). 2013.
- "About the SRTR". Health Resources and Services Administration. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Abstract Information". American Transplant Congress. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "American Transplant Congress". Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- Blumberg EA, Danziger-Isakov L, Kumar D, Michaels MG, Razonable RR (2013). "Forward: Guidelines 3". American Journal of Transplantation. 13 (S4): 1–2. doi:10.1111/ajt.12129. PMID 23464992.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Transplantation". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.).
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Surgery". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.).