American Legion State Forest
|American Legion State Forest|
Cliff face along Henry Buck Trail
in American Legion State Forest.
|Location||Barkhamsted, Connecticut, United States|
|Area||893 acres (361 ha)|
|Elevation||594 ft (181 m)|
|Designation||Connecticut state forest|
|Administrator||Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection|
|Website||American Legion State Forest|
Activities and amenities
The forest's recreational offerings include canoeing on the Farmington River and hiking on the American Legion State Forest Trails system which includes the Henry Buck and Turkey Vultures Ledges trails. Camping is offered at the Austin F. Hawes Memorial Campground by the banks of the river.
- "American Legion State Forest". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Appendix A: List of State Parks and Forests" (PDF). State Parks and Forests: Funding. Staff Findings and Recommendations. Connecticut General Assembly. January 23, 2014. p. A-1. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Clues for American Legion State Forest". Connecticut State Forests Seedling Letterbox Series. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- "American Legion and Peoples State Forests". State Parks and Forests. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- American Legion State Forest Trails Connecticut Museum Quest
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to American Legion State Forest.|