American Magazine and Historical Chronicle
The American Magazine and Historical Chronicle (1743-1746) was a periodical in Boston, Massachusetts, printed by Rogers & Fowle (Gamaliel Rogers and Daniel Fowle), and published by Samuel Eliot and Joshua Blanchard. Scholars suggest that Jeremiah Gridley served as editor.
- Isaiah Thomas, Benjamin Franklin Thomas. The history of printing in America: with a biography of printers, and an account of newspapers, Volume 1. J. Munsell, printer, 1874.
- Lyon N. Richardson. A History of Early American Magazines, 1741-1789 (New York, 1931. Google books
- John K. Reeves. Jeremy Gridley, Editor. New England Quarterly, Vol. 17, No. 2 (Jun., 1944), pp. 265-281.
- Albert Ten Eyck Gardner. A Majestick Shape: 1745. Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin, New Series, Vol. 8, No. 2 (Oct. 1949), pp. 74–80.
- James M. Farrell and Joseph M. Noone. Rhetoric, Eloquence, and Oratory in Eighteenth-Century American Periodicals: An Annotated Bibliography. Rhetoric Society Quarterly, Vol. 23, No. 2 (Spring, 1993), pp. 72–80.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to American Magazine and Historical Chronicle.|