American Music Awards of 2019
|47th Annual American Music Awards|
American Music Awards of 2019 logo
|Date||November 24, 2019|
|Location||Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles, California|
|Most awards||Taylor Swift (6)|
|Most nominations||Post Malone (7)|
|Produced by||Dick Clark Productions|
The 47th Annual American Music Awards were held on November 24, 2019 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, recognizing the most popular artists and albums of 2019. It was broadcast live on ABC, and hosted by Ciara. Taylor Swift received the Artist of the Decade award, and was also the most awarded artist of the night with six wins, becoming the most awarded artist in the award's history with 29 wins and extending her record in the categories of Artist of the Year, Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist and Favorite Pop/Rock Album. Post Malone received the most nominations of any artist with seven nominations, followed by Ariana Grande and first-time nominee Billie Eilish with six nominations each.
*For the first time in 18 years Toni Braxton returned to perform, "Un-Break My Heart" to coincide with her 25th Anniversary since she first performed and won.
|Selena Gomez||"Lose You to Love Me"|
"Look at Her Now"
|Ciara||"Melanin" (with Ester Dean and La La Anthony)|
|Thomas Rhett||"Look What God Gave Her"|
|Kesha||"Raising Hell" (with Big Freedia)|
|Toni Braxton||"Un-Break My Heart"|
|Billie Eilish||"All the Good Girls Go to Hell"|
|Green Day||"Father of All..."|
|Camila Cabello||"Living Proof"|
|Jonas Brothers||"Only Human" (Live from TD Garden in Boston)|
"I Knew You Were Trouble"
"Shake It Off" (with Halsey and Camila Cabello)
"Lover (First Dance Remix)" (with Misty Copeland and Craig Hall)
A Great Big World
|"Fall on Me"|
|Post Malone||Medley: |
"Take What You Want" (with Ozzy Osbourne, Travis Scott and Watt)
|Dua Lipa||"Don't Start Now"|
|Shania Twain||Medley: You're Still the One"|
"Any Man of Mine"
"That Don't Impress Me Much"
"Man! I Feel Like a Woman!"
- Carole King — introduced and presented Artist of the Decade to Taylor Swift.
- Paula Abdul — introduced Toni Braxton.
- Carrie Underwood — introduced Christina Aguilera and A Great Big World.
- Tyra Banks – introduced Lizzo.
- Chadwick Boseman – presented Favorite Alternative Rock Artist.
- Kane Brown — introduced Thomas Rhett.
- Misty Copeland and Ben Platt — presented Favorite Country Song.
- Rivers Cuomo and Pete Wentz — introduced Post Malone, Ozzy Osbourne, Watt, and Travis Scott.
- Heidi Klum and Dan Levy — presented Favorite Pop/Rock Album.
- David Dobrik and Maddie Hasson — introduced Kesha and Big Freedia.
- Cobie Smulders and Michael Ealy — presented Favorite Country Album and Favorite Female Country Artist.
- Jamie Lee Curtis and Katherine Langford — presented Collaboration of the Year.
- Dan + Shay and Maya Hawke – presented Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album.
- Patrick Schwarzenegger and Jenna Dewan – introduced Halsey.
- Taran Killam and Jameela Jamil – presented New Artist of the Year.
- Jharrel Jerome and Megan Thee Stallion – presented Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Song.
- Regina King – presented Artist of the Year.
- Billy Porter – introduced Camila Cabello.
- Constance Wu — presented Favorite Pop/Rock Song.
- Tyler, the Creator – introduced Billie Eilish.
- Billie Eilish – introduced Green Day.
- Kelsea Ballerini – introduced Shania Twain.
Winners and nominees
- "Dates Set For 2019 American Music Awards". celebrityaccess.com. 2019-03-27. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "Multiplatinum-Selling Artist Ciara to Host the "2019 American Music Awards(R)," Airing Live Sunday, Nov. 24, on ABC". The Futon Critic. November 14, 2019.
- "The American Music Awards Announces 2019 Nominees". American Music Awards. 2019-10-24. Retrieved 2019-10-24.
- "American Music Awards 2019: Taylor Swift takes artist of the decade in record-breaking haul". Guardian. 24 November 2019. Retrieved 26 November 2019.
- Gonzalez, Sandra (November 19, 2019). "Taylor Swift will be able to perform her hits at the AMAs after all". CNN. Retrieved November 21, 2019.
- "Christina Aguilera & A Great Big World and Post Malone Featuring Ozzy Osbourne, Travis Scott and Watt to Debut World Television Premiere Collaborations at the "2019 American Music Awards" Airing Live Sunday, Nov. 24, on ABC". The Futon Critic. November 18, 2019.
- "Global Icon Shania Twain to Perform a Medley of Her Greatest Hits at the "2019 American Music Awards(R)," Airing Live Sunday, Nov. 24, on ABC". The Futon Critic. November 11, 2019.