American Osteopathic Board of Nuclear Medicine
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, IL|
|T. Bryan Struse, D.O.|
|Michael Bend, D.O., Ph.D.|
|Paul Chase, D.O.|
The American Osteopathic Board of Nuclear Medicine (AOBNM) is an organization that provides board certification to qualified Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) who specialize in the use of radioactive substances in the diagnosis and treatment of disease (nuclear medicine physicians). The board is one 18 medical specialty certifying boards approved by the American Osteopathic Association Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists (AOABOS) of the American Osteopathic Association, and was established in 1974. As of December 2011, 32 osteopathic nuclear medicine physicians held active certification with the AOBNM.
Osteopathic nuclear medicine physicians are eligible for initial certification if they have successfully completed an AOA-approved residency in nuclear medicine, have a current practice in nuclear medicine, an AOA membership that is in good standing, and an unrestricted medical license in the state in which their practice is located.
Diplomates certified in nuclear medicine prior to 1995 are eligible for voluntary recertification that expires after ten years. Since 1995, the American Osteopathic Board of Nuclear Medicine requires osteopathic nuclear medicine physicians to renew their certification every ten years to avoid expiration of their board certified status.
- American Board of Nuclear Medicine
- American Osteopathic Association Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists
- "Home". American Osteopathic Board of Nuclear Medicine. 2010. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "AOA Specialty Certifying Boards". American Osteopathic Association. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "American Osteopathic Board of Nuclear Medicine". Health Workforce Information Center. 2011. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- Ayres, Ronald E; Scheinthal, S; Gross, C; Bell, E (April 2012). "Changes to Osteopathic Specialty Board Certification" (PDF). Journal of the American Osteopathic Association. 112 (4): 226–231. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Board Maintenance of Certification Guidelines and Application" (PDF). American Osteopathic Board of Nuclear Medicine. 2011. Retrieved 15 September 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Medical Boards: Osteopathic". Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2012.