American Pie Presents: Band Camp
|American Pie Presents:
|Directed by||Steve Rash|
|Produced by||Mike Elliott|
|Written by||Brad Riddell|
by Adam Herz
Jun Hee Lee
|Music by||Robert Folk|
|Cinematography||Victor J. Kemper|
|Edited by||Danny Saphire|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|October 31, 2005
December 26, 2005
American Pie Presents: Band Camp (also known as American Pie: Band Camp) is a 2005 direct-to-DVD sex comedy film. It is the first installment in the American Pie Presents series and the fourth installment in the American Pie franchise. It was directed by Steve Rash and written by Brad Riddell. The film centers on Matt Stifler, younger brother of Steve Stifler. In this film, Matt is sent to the infamous band camp, where he is compelled to change his ways.
It was released on DVD in the United Kingdom on October 31, 2005 and in the United States on December 26, 2005.
Matt Stifler, the younger brother of Steve Stifler, is eager to enter the family business of making porn films so he can prove himself to his older brother. After Matt plays a prank on the school band, the school's guidance counselor Chuck "The Sherminator" Sherman, who attended high school with Steve, decides that a worthwhile punishment would be for Matt to attend band camp. Matt is initially disgruntled by the idea but soon agrees to it, interested in the notorious sexual behavior of band camp girls (citing Jim's marriage and sex life with Michelle as an example).
Upon arrival, Matt is extremely disrespectful to the rules along with everyone at Tall Oaks and even gets his school's band in trouble. Jim's dad, Noah Levenstein, the camp's MACRO (Morale And Conflict Resolution Officer) recommends he start trying to fit in and earn the band's trust. Matt conspires with his nerdy roommate, Ernie, to film the other band members in a bid called 'Bandeez Gone Wild', using hidden cameras.
During a lunch time scuffle Matt accepts a duel with rival band leader Brandon, wherein the performers show off their music skills, with Brandon playing the snare drum, and Matt playing the triangle. When it seems Matt has lost, he leaves the stage and comes back playing the bagpipes, also wearing a kilt, to the tune of "Play That Funky Music" to win the duel. Matt and Elyse later are attracted to each other and share a kiss while watching clouds in the sky. A day before the finals the cheerleading group of East Great Falls arrives and catches Matt in a band camp uniform and teases him by taking a photo and sharing it on the internet. Matt later offers a deal of showing them his film 'Bandeez Gone Wild' in exchange for deleting his uniform photo. While showing the girls his video an odd turn of events occur and Elyse sees the video, and feeling hurt, she leaves.
The various school bands compete for points throughout camp with East Great Falls leading on the last day, but an ill-fated prank by Matt that was intended for the rival team causes the band to lose and Elyse to lose a chance at a scholarship. Once the new term starts, Matt visits with Chuck, who reveals that he and the rest of Steve Stifler's friends really couldn't stand him, and begins to fix his mistakes by deleting the naked videos he took of others at band camp, reconcile with his band camp buddies and then persuades the school band to play Elyse's piece to the Conservatory head, winning Elyse a scholarship (Brandon had been disqualified for plagiarism), and Matt her affection.
- Tad Hilgenbrinck as Matthew "Matt" Stifler
- Arielle Kebbel as Elyse Houston
- Eugene Levy as Noah Levenstein
- Chris Owen as Chuck Sherman
- Matt Barr as Brandon Vandecamp
- Jun Hee Lee as James Chong
- Jason Earles as Ernie Kaplowitz
- Crystle Lightning as Chloe
- Omar Benson Miller as Oscar
- Lauren Mayhew as Arianna
- Angela Little as Sheree
- Rachel Veltri as Dani
- Dossett March as Andy
- Lily Mariye as Dr. Susan Choi
- Ginger Lynn as Nurse Sanders
- Richard Keith as Trading Card Bandie
- Jennifer Walcott as Bathroom Girl
|American Pie Presents: Band Camp|
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
|Genre||Pop punk, alternative rock|
|Various artists chronology|
- Andrew W.K. - "She Is Beautiful"
- Breaking Benjamin - "Forget It"
- Snow Patrol - "How to Be Dead"
- Matt Nathanson - "Laid"
- Treble Charger - "American Psycho"
- Good Charlotte - "The Anthem"
- Paul Locke - "Paul's Drums"
- Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
- Jimmy Eat World - "The Authority Song"
- Courtesy of Associated Productions Music - "Dracula Plays"
- Courtesy of Associated Productions Music - "Pom Pom"
- Courtesy of Associated Productions Music - "Piano Sonata"
- Cage9 - "Breaking Me Down"
- Linda Perry - "Get the Party Started"
- D.O.R.K - "Jaime"
- The Penfifteen Club - "Disco MF"
- The City Drive - "Defeated"
- Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music"
- The City Drive - "Bring Me Everything"
- Christian B - "Baby Got Back"
- Steppenwolf - "Born to Be Wild"
- Tal Bachman - "Aeroplane"
- Chris Rash and Jean-Paul DiFranco - "Bonfire Etude"
- Ash - "Vampire Love"
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: American Pie Presents: Band Camp|