American Respiratory Care Foundation
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
|Founder||American Association for Respiratory Care|
|Headquarters||Irving, TX, United States|
|Footnotes / references
The American Respiratory Care Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by the American Association for Respiratory Care formed to provide funding for research in the field of pulmonology and respiratory care. Formed in 1974 as the American Respiratory Therapy Foundation and then changed to the American Respiratory Care Foundation in 1986. The ARCF is a partner with the United States Environmental Protection Agency, who has awarded grants to the ARCF in order to help fund research directly related to asthma and asthma education.
- Undergraduate Student Awards — The ARCF previously supported individuals who were progressing toward an Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy but ceased that support in 2011 changing the requirement to a student progressing toward a Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy by either direct route or a bridge programme.
- Scholarships and education grants
- Postgraduate Student Awards
- Research Fellowships / Abstract Awards
- Achievement Awards
- Literary Awards
- Research Grants — Research in respiratory care, pulmonology, sleep medicine and critical care medicine is one of the ARCF's primary missions.
- International Fellowships
- Community Grants
The International Fellowship Program was established in 1990 as a method of expanding respiratory care practices internationally by inviting physicians and nurses among other health professionals to shadow respiratory therapists to observe the practice and application in medicine.
- American Respiratory Care Foundation http://www.arcfoundation.org/
- "Shneerson, JM The changing role of mechanical ventilation in COPD. Eur Respir J 1996;9,393-398" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "AARC Timeline". Aarc.org. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Federal Partners and Contacts | Asthma". US Environmental Protection Agency. 2010-11-17. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Barnes TA, Kacmarek RM, Kageler WV, Morris MJ, Durbin CG (2011). "Transitioning the respiratory therapy workforce for 2015 and beyond.". Respir Care 56 (5): 681–90. doi:10.4187/respcare.01169. PMID 21276324.
- "International Fellowship Directory". Arcfoundation.org. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
|This non-governmental organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|