American Society of Addiction Medicine
|Paul Earley, MD|
|Julia L. Chang, MS, MBA: CEO/Executive Vice President |
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), founded in 1954, is a professional medical society representing over 6,000 physicians, clinicians and associated professionals in the field of addiction medicine. ASAM is dedicated to increasing access and improving the quality of addiction treatment, educating physicians and the public, supporting research and prevention, and promoting the appropriate role of physicians in the care of patients with addiction.
- "ASAM Historical Timeline". www.asam.org. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "American Society of Addiction Medicine Inc." Exempt Organization Select Check. Internal Revenue Service. Accessed on May 22, 2016.
- "Form 990: Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax". American Society of Addiction Medicine. Guidestar. December 31, 2014.
- "Board of Directors". American Society of Addiction Medicine. Accessed on May 22, 2016.
- "ASAM Staff". American Society of Addiction Medicine. Accessed on May 22, 2016.
- "Physicians' progress toward ending the nation's drug overdose epidemic". American Medical Association.
- "ASAM About Us".[self-published source?]