American Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians
|Headquarters||Oak Creek, Wisconsin|
|Jeremy Wyatt Cer.A.T.|
The American Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians, or ASATT, based in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, is a non-profit, educational organization responsible for the standards of technologist/technician competency in all areas of anesthesia.
ASATT's mission is to establish a professional entity for the anesthesia technician that will positively affect health care and standards of quality in patient care by providing a safe anesthetic environment.
Beginning July 25, 2015, ASATT will be phasing out the technician exam (Cer.A.T.) and on-the-job training for the Anesthesia Technology profession.
- Approved programs will be instructing at the Technologist (Cer.A.T.T.) level and graduates will be eligible to take the
Technologist (Cer.A.T.T.) exam.
- Current Certified Technicians (Cer.A.T.) and Technologists (Cer.A.T.T.) will remain as is, as long as they maintain their certification.
The Society produces a quarterly publication known as The Sensor, which provide its readers information on anesthesia-related topics, and a forum for learning and discussion.
Accreditations & Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- The Society for Technology in Anesthesia
- Northwest Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- "ASATT Contact Information". American Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians. Retrieved 2012-02-06.
- "ASATT Background & Developments". American Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians. Archived from the original on October 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- "The Sensor". American Society of Anesthesia Technologists & Technicians. Archived from the original on October 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-20.