American Society of Digital Forensics & eDiscovery
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The American Society of Digital Forensics and eDiscovery (ASDFED) is a national professional association organized as a 501c3 not for profit organization. The organisations stated aims are to promote the field of digital forensics and eDiscovery.
The ASDFED was founded as a Georgia not-for-profit corporation. It currently publishes technical bulletins, newsletters, online news announcements and hold national meetings, seminars and conferences. The organisation is composed of professionals from the legal, technology and litigation support professions.
Each chapter’s leadership team is composed of a president, senior vice president, at least one vice president, a secretary and a treasurer. At the end of each chapter president's term, he or she remains on that chapter's board for an additional year.
The national ASDFED organization is composed of three separate and distinctive entities. The first is the Board of Directors, responsible for the overall guidance and direction of the organization and fiscal oversight. The second is the Chapter Support Center, which provides membership packets and support to each chapter. The third is the National Leadership Assembly (NLA). The NLA is composed of the current President and Senior Vice President of each chapter. The primary charge of NLA is updating the revising the ASDFED Common Body of Knowledge. During its first years, the organisation appointed a steering committee, members included:
- Patrick Zeller (former Assistant Attorney General, Illinois)
- Scott Carlson
- Dr. David Dampier (Associate Professor of Computer Science and Engineering with the Forensics Training Center, Mississippi State University)
- Shawnna Childress (author of eDiscovery Plain and Simple.)
- Ronni Solomon (Counsel, King and Spalding)
- Mark Gage (Deputy Director of the National White Collar Crime Center)
- Ron Green (Senior Vice President of Bank of America)
- "American Society Of Digital Forensics & Ediscovery". Watchdog.net. Archived from the original on 2011-07-04.
- "Business Entitity". Archived from the original on 2012-12-24.
- "ASDFED Atlanta Chapter".
- "ASDFED Steering Committee". Archived from the original on 2009-07-20.
- "Guidance Software, Inc. - Guidance Software Adds Patrick Zeller to Legal and Regulatory Team". Investors.guidancesoftware.com. 2006-01-23. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Dave Dampier's Home Page". Cse.msstate.edu. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "brecherchildress.com". Archived from the original on 2009-12-27. Retrieved 2009-11-15.
- "Ronni D Solomon | People | King & Spalding". Kslaw.com. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "National White Collar Crime Center". Nw3c.org. Retrieved 2011-12-31.