American Surgical Association
The American Surgical Association is the nation's "oldest and most prestigious surgical organization".
It was founded in 1880. Their publication, Annals of Surgery, was started in 1885.
A collection of the association's papers are held at the National Library of Medicine.
- Edward Mott Moore (1883)
- James Ewing Mears (1894)
- William Williams Keen (1898)
- Albert Vander Veer (1905)
- Edward William Archibald (1935)
- Charles George Drake (1986)
- Carlos Alberto Pellegrini (2010) circa
- American Surgical Association Foundation Fellowship Research Award
- ASA Medallion for Scientific Achievement
- ASA Flance-Karl Award
- American Surgical Association Archives (1878-2009)—National Library of Medicine finding aid