American Theological Society Midwest Division
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (September 2012)|
The American Theological Society, Midwest Division, founded in 1927 is a regional organization of scholars who are engaged in critical and creative examination of religious thought and its impact on faith and culture, and who write and teach in the fields of religious studies.
In its programs, the Society often reaches beyond the local members to invite international scholars and others from across the United States to present papers and to participate in the conversations of its semi-annual meetings.
The Midwest Division of the Society has convened semiannually since 1927 to receive scholarly papers on crucial issues of religion and culture. The Society meets twice a year—on the last Friday of April and the last Friday of October—at colleges, seminaries, and universities in greater Chicago area.
The Executive Committee—elected by the Society to plan and administer its semiannual meetings—is composed of the President, Vice President, Member at Large, Secretary/Treasurer, the immediate Past President, and any Past President who can be present.
Membership of the current Executive Committee is:
- President: Robert Saler, Christian Theological Seminary
- Vice President: Marty J. Steussy, Christian Theological Seminary
- Member-at-Large: Jennifer Baldwin
- Secretary/Treasurer: Paul P. Parker, Elmhurst College
- Past President: Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of Uppsala, Sweden/Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
- Past President: Michael Hogue, Meadville Lombard Theological School
- Past President: Jennifer Jesse, Truman State University
- Past President: Mladen Turk, Elmhurst College
- Past President: Mary C. Doak, University of San Diego
- Past President: Carol Rausch Albright, Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
- Past President: Robert Cathey, McCormick Theological Seminary
- Past President: Gary Dorrien, Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York
- Past President: Ed Towne, Christian Theological Seminary
- Past President: Amanda Quantz, University of Saint Mary
- Past President: Michael Miller, Christian Theological Seminary
- Past President: Lea F. Schweitz, Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
- Christian Cyclopedia. Edited by Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson. Concordia Publishing House, 2000.