American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina
||This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Američki univerzitet u Bosni i Hercegovini|
|Address||Mije Kerosevica Guje 3, Tuzla, Tuzla, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Academic Provost||Sadik Latifagić|
|Colors||White and blue|
The American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina (abbr. AUBiH) is a private university located in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina. In 2007, the university opened a postgraduate department in Sarajevo, offering a fast-track master's degree in business administration (MBA). In 2009, it opened an undergraduate department in Banja Luka. In 2011, the AUBIH opened an undergraduate department in Mostar.
The lecturing staff are mainly former US professionals, as well as some from Europe and Bosnia & Herzegovina. Some lectures are conducted via online, distance-learning methods. As part of the now-defunct partnership agreement with State University of New York at Canton (SUNY), students from AUBIH received double diplomas (both from the US and Bosnia & Herzegovina) and attended one semester in USA. Students have opportunities for work placement with leading US companies such as Xerox, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson and Kodak.
The University is organized around the following colleges:
- College of Economics
- College of Information Technology
- College of Engineering
- College of Law
- College of Interntational Relations
- College of Security and Defense
- College of Industrial Technology
- American Academy of Modern Arts
AUBIH had a partnership with State University of New York at Canton (SUNY) until November 2011 to offer undergraduate programs in the fields of international financing, banking, insurance and risk management, information technology and digital economy. That agreement expired in November 2011 and was not renewed. SUNY-Canton has agreed to honor the promises that were made to students on behalf of SUNY representatives at the beginning of their studies.
West Virginia University Partnership
New International Partnerships
American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina in September 2015 expanded its international partnership with universities in Turkey, Canada and the United States of America. The international partnership list was amended with the following universities: Western Kentucky University, Saint Louis University, Fontbonne University; Saint Paul University from Canada and Doğuş University from Turkey. The purpose of cooperation between AUBIH and mentioned universities are student and faculty exchange, research cooperation, joint academic publications, and cooperation on joint academic projects.
- "President Team - American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina". Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Šajinović, Dejan (5 March 2009). "College of international law opens" (in Serbian). Nezavisne novine, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Retrieved 16 August 2009.
- "Poligon". Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Richard Mullins, Let "Croatia design your software", USA Today, 25 September 2002
- "Watertown Daily Times - SUNY Canton relationshp with Bosnian university falls apart". Watertown Daily Times. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- SUNY statement
- "American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina News". Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "WVU Global Partnerships - Office of International Programs - West Virginia University". Retrieved 4 May 2016.