American University in London
Seven Sisters Road, [London, England
The AUL's business education programs had been accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), but this accreditation was suspended in April 2007. The IACBE identified need for improvement in the areas of Outcomes Assessment, Strategic Planning, Financial Resources, External Oversight, and Business and Industry Linkages.
On 13 January 2006, AUL was fined for violations of the Trade Descriptions Act 1968 and Business Names Act 1985 for misleading prospective students by deceptively representing itself as a university in spite of lacking proper accreditation. An Islington Councillor noted: "It is important that prospective students thoroughly research education providers or they could waste a lot of time and money pursuing a worthless qualification."
- Geoffrey Alderman (9 September 2003). "Far from funny". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 27 April 2006.
- Bear, Mariah P. and John Bear. Bears' Guide to Earning Degrees by Distance Learning. Ten Speed Press, 2003.
- "Re: LUC Education (BC) Inc. operating as Lansbridge University (BC) Inspection Report" (PDF). 20 December 2006. p. 26. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 July 2011.
The representatives of Kingston College were specifically advised to 'cease and desist advertising programs on behalf of American University in London, U.K., an institution that is not registered to provide post-secondary training in British Columbia'.
- Accreditation Status: American University in London Archived 2008-07-26 at the Wayback Machine, International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education website
- ("Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 August 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link))
- Bogus university fined for misleading students Archived 2009-02-23 at the Wayback Machine, Nicola Quinn, Islington Council website, 19 January 2006
|This United Kingdom university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|