American University of Antigua
|Type||Medical school, Private, For-profit|
|President||Neal S. Simon, J.D.|
|Students||1,400 (graduates as of 2015[update])|
AUA was co-founded by Neal S. Simon, a lawyer and former president of Ross University. AUA began instruction in 2002. In 2008, Bengaluru-based Manipal Education and Medical Group (MEMG) purchased the college from New York-based Greater Caribbean Learning Resources, Inc. and formed Manipal Education Americas, LLC. In 2006, AUA College of Medicine was approved by the New York State Education Department and, in 2011, recognized by the Medical Board of California.
Accreditations and approvals
The College of Medicine is fully accredited by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP)
In 2011, Medical Board Of California recognized American University of Antigua College of Medicine.
In January 2010, AUA opened its 17-acre (69,000 m2) campus. The $60 million facility houses more than 75,000 square feet (7,000 m2) of classrooms, a simulation lab, a multi-story library, study rooms, an amphitheater, a courtyard, a gym, tennis courts, and administrative and faculty offices.
In 2013, AUA signed an affiliation agreement with the Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine that allows AUA clinical students to complete all of their core clinical rotations in the Greater Miami Area.
- International medical graduate
- List of medical schools in the Caribbean
- List of universities in Antigua and Barbuda
- Payne, Donald M. (25 May 2006). "Commending American University of Antigua For Its Leadership And Innovative Ideas". Congressional Record, V. 152,PT.7. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Health in Antigua and Barbud: Schools of Medicine in Antigua and Barbuda, American University of Antigua College of Medicine. General Books LLC. 2010. ISBN 9781158693146.
- Jacobs, Sarah (5 December 2008). "Manipal Education buys out Antigua University". Economic Times India. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Puni, Deepshikha (8 August 2011). "The worldly wise; International campuses have made Manipal University a global education brand". India Today. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Provisional Accreditation, American University of Antigua College of Medicine". CAAM-HP. Archived from the original on 3 March 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "American University of Antigua College of Medicine : School Detail". search.wdoms.org. World Directory of Medical Schools. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Accreditations and Approvals - American University of Antigua (AUA)". American University of Antigua Caribbean medical school. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Medical Board of California Recognizes American University of Antigua". American University of Antigua Caribbean medical school. 2 August 2011. Retrieved 4 February 2020.
- "Tuition and Financial Aid - American University of Antigua (AUA)". American University of Antigua Caribbean medical school. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- Butler, Rory (9 August 2011). "AUA to expand after approval from California". Antigua Observer. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- http://antiguachronicle.net/tech2/item/997-aua-signs-landmark-clinical-clerkship-agreement-with-florida-international-university[permanent dead link]