American Urological Association
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Purpose||To promote the highest standards of urological clinical care through education, research and in the formulation of health care policy.|
|Dennis A. Pessis, MD, FACS|
The American Urological Association (AUA) is a professional association in the United States for urology professionals. It has its headquarters at the William P. Didusch Center for Urologic History in Maryland.
AUA works with many international organizations, representing urologists from across the world. These groups offer full or half day sessions, covering a variety of topics, during the annual meeting.
- Confederacion Americana de Urologia (CAU) - provides sessions in Spanish[permanent dead link]
- Arab Association of Urology (AAU)[permanent dead link]
- World Chinese Urological Society (WCUS)[permanent dead link] - founded in 2006
- Indian American Urological Association (IAUA)[permanent dead link]
- Bangladesh Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)[permanent dead link]
- Hungarian Urological Association (HUA)[permanent dead link]
- Polish Urological Association (PTU)[permanent dead link]
- Sociedad Argentina de Urologia (SAU)[permanent dead link]
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)[permanent dead link]
- Japanese Urological Association (JUA)[permanent dead link] - founded in 1912
- Association Francaise d' Urologie (AFU)[permanent dead link]
- International Russian-Speaking Urological Society (iRUS)[permanent dead link] - founded by Dr. Lev Elterman
- Egyptian Urological Society (EUA)[permanent dead link] - founded by Prof. Mahmoud Badr in 1947
- Pan African Urological Surgeons Association (PAUSA)[permanent dead link]
- Caribbean Urological Association (CURA)[permanent dead link]
- Philippine Urological Association (PUA)[permanent dead link]
- Societa' Italiana Di Urologia (SIU)[permanent dead link]
- Hugh Hampton Young Award: Presented annually to an individual for outstanding contributions to the study of genitourinary tract disease. This award is sponsored by Karl Storz Endoscopy-America, Inc.
- Ramon Guiteras Award: Awarded annually to an individual who is deemed to have made outstanding contributions to the art and science of urology. This award is sponsored by Bard Urological Division.
- Distinguished Contribution Award: Presented annually to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the science and practice of urology, including contributions made in a sub-specialty area, for military career service, or for humanitarian efforts.
The AUA publishes The Journal of Urology.
- "About the AUA". American Urological Association.