American Veterans Committee
Launched in April 2013, the American Veterans Committee (AVC) is a non-profit veterans organization that promotes networking opportunities for US veterans globally. The organization was launched to make it easier for US veterans to connect with veterans from other countries, expand new employment and business opportunities, while also promoting smart diplomacy. As of 2018, the American Veterans Committee is no longer a membership organization.
The organization is founded by Iraq War Veteran Saif Khan who serves as President. Founding member Hal Donahue, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret.) serves as Senior Advisor. Major General James Kelley (ret.) served as former President.
The American Veterans Committee is a member organization of the World Veterans Federation. Through the World Veterans Federation, the American Veterans Committee has the ability to connect with veterans organizations from around the world. The American Veterans Committee also focuses on learning from what other countries are doing better to serve their veterans, and how national, state and local programs in the US can be improved to serve veterans better.
The American Veterans Committee is not related to the organization of the same name that was active from 1943 to 2008.
- "A New Non-Profit Veterans Organization Launched Today to Connect Veterans with Networking Opportunities". PR Web. April 2, 2013.
- "American Veterans Committee is no longer a membership organization". American Veterans Committee. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "AAPIs Supporting Veterans Through Action and Service". The White House. July 2, 2014.
- "For Iraq Veteran Saif Khan, Supporting Veterans Means Action". Huffington Post. July 3, 2014.
- "A New Non-Profit Veterans Organization Launched Today To Connect Veterans With Networking Opportunities:". American Veterans Committee Website. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "World Veterans Federation". World Veterans Federation. Retrieved 15 May 2013.