American Veterans Committee
Launched in April 2013, the American Veterans Committee (AVC) is a non-profit veterans organization that seeks to organize networking opportunities for veterans, linking them with potential employers in the community and helping increase business opportunities through connections between US veterans to veterans from other countries.
The organization is founded by Iraq veteran Saif Khan who serves as President. Founding member Hal Donahue, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret.) serves as Senior Advisor. Major General James Kelley (ret.) served as former President.
The American Veterans Committee is a member organization of the World Veterans Federation. Through the World Veterans Federation the AVC has the ability to connect its members with veterans organizations from other countries, linking veterans with similar professional interests while promoting global cooperation, peace and smart diplomacy.
The American Veterans Committee is not related to the organization of the same name that was active from 1943 to 2008.
- "A New Non-Profit Veterans Organization Launched Today to Connect Veterans with Networking Opportunities". PR Web. April 2, 2013.
- "AAPIs Supporting Veterans Through Action and Service". The White House. July 2, 2014.
- "For Iraq Veteran Saif Khan, Supporting Veterans Means Action". Huffington Post. July 3, 2014.
- "A New Non-Profit Veterans Organization Launched Today To Connect Veterans With Networking Opportunities:". American Veterans Committee Website. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "World Veterans Federation". World Veterans Federation. Retrieved 15 May 2013.