American Waterfront (Tokyo DisneySea)
|Opening date||September 4, 2001|
|Theme||New York City and New England in the early 20th century|
American Waterfront is a "port-of-call" (themed land) at Tokyo DisneySea in the Tokyo Disney Resort. It represents the Northeastern seaboard of the United States in the early 20th century, and features two themed areas, an Old Cape Cod section, and a New York Harbor section with an elaborate backstory.
New York is depicted as a bustling city at the end of the Industrial Age, complete with an elevated railway, a classic American Theater and a harbor displaying a large range of boats, including the massive S.S. Columbia. This city's backstory revolves around the wealthy Harrison Hightower III, whose power grew stronger amid New York, as one can guess seeing his S.S. Columbia and his Hightower Hotel, symbols of his might, until he mysteriously disappeared after retrieving a cursed African idol. As such, New York Harbor features the main attractions:
- Tower of Terror, inside the Hightower Hotel, where guests investigate Hightower's disappearance and face the curse of the idol known as Shiriki Utundu.
- Turtle Talk, inside the S.S. Columbia, where guests meet Crush, from the Disney.Pixar movie Finding Nemo, as they look through an underwater window.
- Toy Story Mania!, the popular ride from Disney California Adventure Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios, based on the Toy Story movies.
Cape Cod offers a slower pace and the opportunity to stroll leisurely along its quaint streets.
Attractions & Entertainment
- Big Band Beat
- Big City Vehicles
- Cape Cod Village Greeting Place
- DisneySea Electric Railway (2 ft 6 in (762 mm) narrow gauge)
- DisneySea Transit Steamer Line
- Kitchen Beat
- My Friend Duffy
- Oliver's Market
- Tower of Terror
- Turtle Talk
- Toy Story Mania!
Former Attractions & Entertainment
- Donald's Boat Builders
- A Table is Waiting
Restaurants & Refreshiments
- S.S. Columbia Dining Room
- The Teddy Roosevelt Lounge
- Restaurant Sakura
- Sailing Day Buffet
- New York Deli
- Liberty Landing Diner
- Barnacle Bill's
- Papadakis Fresh Fruit
- High Tide Treats
- Delancey Catering
- Cape Cod Cook-Off
- McDuck's Department Store
- Tower of Terror Memorabilia
- Steamboat Mickey's
- Aunt Peg's Village Store
- Newsie's Novelties
- TDR Fan - American Waterfront Photos
- Imagineering Files - American Waterfront never-built rides (French)