Americas' SAP Users' Group
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Americas' SAP Users' Group (ASUG) is an independent SAP user group.
Its Board of Directors is composed of ASUG volunteers elected to the board by the ASUG membership. The organization’s daily operations are managed by the Chief Executive Officer of ASUG, Geoff Scott, along with the ASUG management team and staff.
In 2012, ASUG earned a Silver award from the American Business Awards in the Company of the Year – Business Services category.
|Headquarters||Chicago, United States|
Board of Directors
|Services||ASUG is an independent community of SAP experts in North America that delivers events, education, influence, advisory services, and networking to its members|
In 1990, SAP customers who attended the SAP annual conference “SAPPHIRE” to form an SAP users' group. In 1991, the Americas' SAP Users' Group (ASUG) was created.  ASUG works with SAP in order to deliver education and training, networking, research, and influence to ASUG members. As a result of this partnership, ASUG Annual Conference's  shares a location with SAP's annual SAPPHIRE NOW event.
Furthermore, ASUG is one of the 12 members of the SAP User Group Executive Network (SUGEN) which is the international voice for regional SAP User Groups.
To provide a forum for members to exchange ideas and best practices, communicate mutual concerns to SAP, influence software development, and establish future priorities. To promote the understanding, productive use, and advancement of SAP products and services.
- More than 100,000 individuals (SAP Americas’ customers, certified and non-certified SAP partners, independent consultants)
- 71 % of Installation Members (SAP Customers) represent small and medium enterprises (SME) reporting less than $1.5 Billion in revenue
- 21% of ASUG members are SAP partners and solution providers
- As of October 2007, also ASUG offered international memberships so any licensed SAP customer company can join ASUG
- On January 1, 2010, the Global BusinessObjects Network (GBN), the user community for customers of the SAP BusinessObjects solution portfolio, merged with ASUG.
- ASUG also offers individual and company membership for SAP SuccessFactors professionals.
Members form communities via ASUG Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and regionally based Chapters in North America.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Business Processes
These communities are organized geographically into 38 Chapters throughout the U.S. and Canada for face-to-face education and networking opportunities. Chapters host quarterly face-to-face meetings as part of membership benefits.
Several educational events are held each year by ASUG.
February 21–22, Dallas, TX
ASUG Annual Conference
The ASUG Annual Conference touches on all SAP products and services. This event delivers customer-driven education, expert insights, influence opportunities, and the opportunity to engage with SAP users and partners throughout the Americas. The 2017 ASUG Annual Conference is taking place May 16–18 in Orlando.
ASUG Business Intelligence and Analytics Conference
The ASUG Business Inlligence and Analytics User Conference is the only customer-led BusinessObjects user event of the year featuring sessions on topics such as BI strategy; SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards/Xcelsius integration, design, and development; universe design and development; SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence; SAP Crystal Reports; and data management, as well as SAP Analytics. The 2017 SAP-Centric BI + Analytics Conference will take place August 7–9, in Nashville, TN.
ASUG SAP Business One Conference
The SAP Business One Summit ASUG SAP Business One Summit celebrates its seventh anniversary in 2016. This ASUG event provides a forum for education, influence and networking opportunities tailored to SAP Business One professionals.
- What is ASUG?. (2002, May 9). SearchSAP.com Definitions. Retrieved on 2008-10-18.
- Bell, Erin (2008, September 28). . echannelline.com Retrieved on 2008-10-18
- Americas' SAP Users' Group[dead link]. (2008, September 15).SAP.info Retrieved on 2008-10-18.
- Events in America. crm2day.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- . (2016, April 22). SearchSAP.com Definitions. Retrieved on 2017-01-17.
- "The ASUG University opens for business". it.toolbox.com. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- Reiser, Clint (2008, September 22). SAP EAM: Pragmatic Insights from ASUG Fall Focus Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. ARC Advisory Group Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- Kanaracus, Chris (2008, August 13). SAP Users: Support Debate PCWorld.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- Influencing SAP: User group helps define SAP strategy.. (2006, November 29). SearchSAP.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- The SAP User Groups Archived December 14, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.. (2008, August 13). SAP.info Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- EnCrisp LLC partners with University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and ASUG's University Alliance.... (2008, August 15). PR Web Release Newswire Retrieved on 2008-10-29
- Wailgum, Thomas (2008, July 18). SAP User Group Launches Database to Help Companies.. CIO.com Retrieved on 2008-10-18.
- Martens, China (2006, February 27). SAP User Group Opens Up to Attract New Members Archived March 2, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.. ComputerWorld.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29
-  reuters.com Retrieved on 2009-9-29
- SAP user group head looks to the future. (January 2008). Nucleus Research Retrieved on 2008-10-29