Ames Community School District
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: <AHS Link to web site > (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ames Community School District|
Mission Statement : " The mission of the Ames Community Schools is to ensure that all learners develop theknowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and personal esteem necessary to grow in and shape a changing society."
|Established||The Hoggatt School first schoolhouse in the vicinity was built in 1862 to serve area residents before the city of Ames was established.|
|Superintendent||Dr. Timothy Taylor|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges, Iowa Department of Education|
|Schools||1 early childhood center
5 elementary schools
1 middle school
1 secondary school
|Students and staff|
|Students||4,468 (as of 2010-2011)|
The Ames Community School District is the public school district for the city of Ames, in Story County, Iowa. It is accredited by the North Central Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges and the Iowa Department of Education.
- 1 Schools
- 2 Other Buildings
- 3 Media
- 4 Enrollment
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
There are eight schools in the Ames Community School District, with one high and middle school, and six elementary schools.
Ames High School
Ames High School is located at 1921 Ames High Drive . The webpage can be found here.
Ames Middle School
Ames Middle School is located on 3915 Mortensen Road. The webpage can be found here.
Elementary ("Primary") schools
There are six elementary schools in the Ames Community School District.
Edwards Elementary School is located on 820 Miller Ave. The webpage can be found here
Fellows Elementary School is located on 1400 McKinley. The webpage can be found here
Meeker Elementary School is located on 300 20th Street. The webpage can be found here
Kate Mitchell Elementary School is located on 3521 Jewel Drive. The webpage can be found here
Abbie Sawyer Elementary School is located on 4316 Ontario Street. The webpage can be found here
Northwood Preschool Center
The Northwood building was an elementary school that was closed. In the summer of 2009, the school district remodeled it for a preschool center. Northwood is located on 302 Duff Avenue. The webpage can be found here
Willson Beardshear Early Childhood Center
Willson Beardshear School is located on 920 Carroll Avenue. **Wilson Beardshear was closed in the summer of 2009. The Early Childhood Center was moved to Northwood school.
Roosevelt Elementary School
Roosevelt is located at 921 9th Street. Roosevelt was closed in 2005 due to budget constraints, and lagging enrollment. The building was credited as the second oldest in the ACSD.
Crawford Elementary School
Crawford is located at 415 Stanton Avenue.It was closed in 2001 and then remodeled into a district administrative building. Up until 2015, it was the only district administration building and is also the oldest building in the ACSD. The administrative offices became completely vacant in Spring 2016.
- Channel 7 is the school district's Educational-access television cable TV channel, which is provided through Mediacom Cable Television as part of a franchise agreement with the City of Ames The district televises their school board meetings through this network.
|Year||District-wide||High schools||Middle schools||Elementary schools||Pre-Kindergarten|
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Ames Community School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- http://www.ncacasi.org/school-search/search Archived April 22, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.: Search by school name: "Ames High School"
- "District Profile". Ames Community School District. 2007. Archived from the original on 26 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- Iowa Department of Education (2003). "Certified Annual Reports for FY03-04 (Spreadsheet)".
- Iowa Department of Education (2002). "Certified Annual Reports for FY02-03 (Spreadsheet)".
- Iowa Department of Education (2001). "Certified Annual Reports for FY01-02 (Spreadsheet)".
- Iowa Department of Education (2000). "Certified Annual Reports for FY00-01 (Spreadsheet)".