The Ames Tribune, Sunday, July 26, 2015
|Owner(s)||GateHouse Media Iowa Holdings|
|Managing editors||Michael Crumb|
|Sports editor||Bobby La Gesse|
|Founded||1868as The Intelligencer|
317 Fifth Street|
Ames, Iowa 50010
In 1986, the Tribune was bought by Michael Gartner and Gary Gerlach, two former executives at The Des Moines Register. Gartner won the 1997 Pulitzer Prize for Editorial Writing at the Tribune. The Omaha World-Herald Company bought the Ames Tribune in 1999 from Gartner, Gerlach, and the estate of Devid Belin. Stephens Media purchased the Tribune from the Omaha World-Herald Company in 2010. In 2015, the Stephens Media newspapers were sold to New Media Investment Group.
- Ames Tribune sold
- Omaha company to buy parent of Ames Tribune
- "Tribune sold to Stephens Media; new publisher named". Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- World-Herald subsidiary sells seven Iowa papers
- Howard Stutzlas (2015-02-19). "Review-Journal, parent Stephens Media to be sold to New Media". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- "About Us | Ames Tribune". Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- Lisheron, Mark (January–February 1999). "The Mentor". American Journalism Review. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
|This article about an Iowa newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|