|• Body||Amguri Town Committee|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Amguri is located in the state of Assam, near the border of Nagaland, in north-east India. It has an average elevation of 74 metres (242 feet). It is situated on the bank of the river Jhanji and famous for its tea gardens and oil fields.
Amguri has an literacy rate of 75%, higher than the national literacy average of 59.5%. In Amguri, 55% of the male and 45% of the female population are literate.
- Auniati Hemchandradev Higher Secondary School (Science and Commerce stream only at 10+2 level)
- Amguri Girls High School, and Amguri College.
- Amguri has several private and government schools, those are Don Bosco High School, Jnan Bikash VidyaPith, Rameshwar Dutta High School, Pengera Girls High School, Janata High School, the Arunodoi Academy and Lachit M.E.school, one of the upper primary school located in Halowa gaon . There is a junior college (10+2) for arts and science stream. Rameswar Dutta High School is the pioneer English medium school in Amguri established in 1981.
- Amguri town have one CHC in the middle of the township.
- "Amguri Institute of Medical Specialty", known as AIMS.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of Parliamentary & Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Assam. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-05-04. Retrieved 2008-10-06.