Amherst Independent School District
This article needs to be updated.January 2016)(
|Amherst Independent School District|
|100 N Main|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||20.00 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||9.00 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Unacceptable|
In the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $51,219,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.000 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically unacceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Six percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings were to be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: exemplary (the highest possible ranking), recognized, academically acceptable and academically unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2004: academically acceptable
- 2005: academically acceptable
- 2006: academically acceptable
- 2007: academically acceptable
- 2008: academically acceptable
- 2009: academically acceptable
- 2010: academically acceptable
- 2011: academically unacceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in two schools.
- Amherst High School (grades PK-12)
- PEP (grades 9-12)
Amherst High School participates in the boys' sports of basketball, American football and wrestling. The school participates in the girls' sport of basketball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Amherst High School was to play six-man football in UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Amherst ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Amherst High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011 (as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|