Amica Mutual Insurance
|Headquarters||Lincoln, Rhode Island, United States|
|Robert A. DiMuccio,
President, Chairman & CEO
Amica Mutual Insurance is an American mutual insurance company which sells automobile, homeowners, marine, personal umbrella liability, and life insurance, founded in 1907. It employs more than 3,200 people in 40 offices across the United States, and is headquartered in Lincoln, Rhode Island. Amica, along with State Farm Mutual Insurance Company, is one of the few remaining large-scale mutual insurance firms that consistently ranks highly in J.D. Power and other consumer satisfaction rankings.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
Amica was organized as a mutual insurance company, meaning that the company was owned by policyholders rather than stockholders.
In 1941, Amica opened its first branch office in Boston, Massachusetts. The company added homeowners' insurance in 1956 and later added marine and personal excess liability insurance. In 1970, Amica Life Insurance began. In 1994, Amica's corporate offices moved from Providence, Rhode Island, to a much larger campus in nearby Lincoln.
The company celebrated its 100th year in business in 2007.
- Amica General Agency, Inc.
- Amica General Insurance Agency of California, Inc.
- Amica Life Insurance Company
- Amica Lloyd's of Texas, Inc.
- Amica Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- "New & Used Car Ratings - Quality, Performance & Reliability Ratings". J.D. Power. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "J.D. Power and Associates". Businesscenter.jdpower.com. 2009-08-17. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Amica Insurance: History". Retrieved 2012-08-27.
|This article on an insurance company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|