Amica Mutual Insurance
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Lincoln, Rhode Island, United States|
|Robert A. DiMuccio, |
Chairman, President and CEO
Number of employees
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is a Rhode Island-based mutual insurance company that offers auto, home and life insurance.
Amica was founded in 1907 by A.T. Vigneron and originally offered auto, fire and theft insurance. Since then, Amica has expanded to offering auto, home and life insurance, as well as owning a number of subsidiary insurance companies. It is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the United States.
Originally named the Automobile Mutual Insurance Company of America, Amica was founded in 1907 by A.T. Vigneron in Providence, Rhode Island. Amica was organized as a mutual insurance company, meaning that company was owned by policyholders rather than stockholders.
In 1941, Amica opened its first branch office in Boston, Massachusetts, and now has 44 locations nationwide. The company added homeowners’ insurance in 1956, and later added marine and umbrella insurance.
In 1994, Amica’s corporate office moved from Providence, Rhode Island, to a larger campus in nearby Lincoln.
In 2007, Amica celebrated its 100th year of business.
- Amica Mutual Insurance Company
- Amica Life Insurance Company
- Amica Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- Amica General Agency, LLC
- McGreevy, Paul (2012-02-07). "Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation" (PDF).
- "Amica Company Facts and History".
- "Amica Insurance Launches Identity Resolution Services". CyberScout (Press release). 2006-11-13. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
|This article on an insurance company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|