This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||April 26, 1980 (age 38)|
Queens, New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Howard University|
Amin Joseph (born April 26, 1980) is an American actor and producer. He currently stars as Jerome Saint on John Singleton's crime drama Snowfall, which debuted 5 July 2017 on FX.
Joseph was born in Queens, New York City, but was raised in Harlem, New York City. In 2004, he made his small screen debut in the action drama Rage and Discipline his career took off from there, with over five dozen film and television credits in just twelve years.
This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Amin Joseph’s star is on the rise and he is continuing to make his mark in Hollywood. He appeared on the big screen in Paramount’s film reboot of Baywatch (2017), with Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron and Priyanka Chopra. He will follow this with a major role in FX’s upcoming television series Snowfall. The hour-long drama, executive produced by John Singleton, is set in Los Angeles in the 1980s and covers the early days of the crack-cocaine epidemic. The show is slated for a summer 2017 premiere. He is also shooting a role in Johnny Depp’s LAbyrinth, a thriller about the investigation of the murders of Tupac Shakur and The Notorious BIG.
Joseph has been featured in many major films including The Expendables and Homefront, both Lionsgate action hits written by Sylvester Stallone; G.I. Joe: Retaliation with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson; the film festival darling Dope, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in competition and went on to screen at the Cannes Film Festival and the Deauville American Film Festival in 2015; The Gambler with Mark Wahlberg; and Frank Darabont’s 2007 horror film, and The Mist, based on the story by Stephen King, among many others. He reunited with Darabont for both FX’s hit series The Shield as well as a recurring role on TNT's L.A. Noir. He also starred in two Cinemax series, Zane's Sex Chronicles and Zane's The Jumpoff, both written by New York Times bestselling author Zane. His additional TV credits include appearances on major shows such as Transparent, Sons of Anarchy, Southland, N.C.I.S., and CSI: Miami, among others.
His production company, Dark Energy Pictures, specializes in action, horror, and Sci-fi content spanning digital, television, and feature films. The company’s recent film Call Me King, an international action thriller, embodies their focus on multicultural, lingual, and ethnic content.
His charitable work includes time with the grassroots organization The Awareness Movement in Los Angeles. The organization focuses on creating content in order to facilitate a positive dialogue between local communities and law enforcement as well as giving a voice to disenfranchised voters in urban communities. He also volunteers with several schools throughout Los Angeles, providing scene study classes with a focus on African American classic playwrights.
Joseph is a graduate of Howard University and a protégé of the World Famous Apollo Theater in his hometown Harlem, NYC, where he interned during his youth. He resides in Los Angeles.
- City of Lies - Kevin Gaines (TBA)
- The After Party - Leon (2018)
- Fight Your Way Out - Gaslamp Bishop (2017)
- Baywatch – Frankie (2017)
- Professor Mack – Stephen (2017)
- No Regrets – Roman (2017)
- My Favorite Five - Jamison (2015)
- Dope – The Voice (2015)
- Sister Code – Thomas (2015)
- Stock Option — Marvelous (2015)
- Call Me King – Rhyis (2015)
- The Gambler – Heavy (2014)
- Time Lapse – Big Joe (2014)
- Superfast – Dre (2014)
- Homefront -Senior Agent (2013)
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation – Cobra Secret Service (2013)
- Freelancers – Shady (2012)
- Titanic II – Kevin Lilac (2010)
- Hova – Malik Ash (2010)
- The Expendables – Pirate Leader (2010)
- American Weapon – Deshawn (2010)
- House Arrest (video) – Edward (2008)
- Jada – Ross (2008)
- The Mist – M.P., Stunt Performer (2007)
- Rapturious – Sloop (2007)
- Walls (short) – Duke (2006)
- Never Wake Up – Actor (2005)
- 107 Street – Mark (2004)
- Rage and Discipline – Bernard
- S.W.A.T. (TV series) Trick (1 episodes)
- Shooter (TV series) Martin Jacobs (1 episodes)
- Snowfall (TV series) Jerome Saint (9 episodes)
- Donny (TV series) Jason (3 episodes)
- Zane's The Jump Off (TV series) Dmitri Vance (10 episodes)
- Transparent (TV series) Mike (2 episodes)
- Mob City (TV series) Booker "Skeety" Washington Smith (2 episodes)
- Southland (TV series) Dwayne (1 episode)
- The Protector (TV series) Cake Gibson (1 episode)
- CSI: Miami (TV series)-Guard(1 episode)
- Zane’s Sex Chronicles (TV series) – Tariq (23 episodes)
- Women's Murder Club (TV series) – Leon Perker (1 episode, 2008)
- And the Truth Will (Sometimes) Set You Free (2008)
- Shark (TV series) – Kevin Barlow (1 episode, 2007)
- In the Crosshairs (2007)
- The Shield (TV series) – Billy (2 episodes, 2007)
- Exiled (2007)
- Chasing Ghosts (2007)
- "Amin Joseph talks Zane's 'The Jump Off' and more - JETmag.com". JetMag.com. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2017.