Aminu Isa Kontagora
|Aminu Isa Kontagora|
|Administrator of Benue State|
14 August 1996 – August 1998
|Preceded by||Joshua O. Obademi|
|Succeeded by||Dominic Oneya|
|Administrator of Kano State|
September 1998 – 29 May 1999
|Preceded by||Dominic Oneya|
|Succeeded by||Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso|
Colonel Aminu Isa Kontagora was Administrator of Benue State, Nigeria from August 1996 to August 1998 during the military regime of General Sani Abacha, then Administrator of Kano State from September 1998 to May 1999 during the transitional regime of General Abdulsalami Abubakar, handing over power to the elected executive governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso on 29 May 1999.
Aminu Isa Kontagora remained active in public life after retiring from the army. In April 2001, he was a member of the steering committee of the Kaduna-based United Nigeria Development Forum. In January 2003 he was reported to be supporting the presidential bid of former military ruler Major-General Muhammadu Buhari. He was said to support another former military ruler, General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, as presidential candidate in 2007.
In March 2005 he urged financial institutions to provide special services to assist small-scale businesses. In June 2009, President Umaru Yar'Adua named him as a member of the board of The National Veterinary Research Institute. In September 2009, Aminu Isa Kontagora was named chairman of the Niger State Elders Committee of the People's Democratic Party.
- "Nigerian States". WorldStatesmen. Archived from the original on 23 December 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Musa Umar Kazaure (15 December 2006). "Kunchi Has No Hospital 12 Years After Creation". Daily Trust. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Agaju Madugba (2001-04-26). "Ex-Administrators Float Political Group - Decry lack of transparency in governance". ThisDay. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Ali M. Ali (2003-01-18). "Four Ex-military Govs Pledge Support for Buhari". ThisDay. Archived from the original on 2004-12-27. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Sukuji Bakoji (January 15, 2004). "Ex-MILADs back Babangida for 2007". Daily Independent Online. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- "Financial Institutions Tasked On Small Scale Firms". Daily Champion. 29 March 2005. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- "President Yar'Adua approves appointments into boards of Agric Ministry parastatals". NigeriaFirst. Jun 29, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- Abdulazeez Sanni (9 September 2009). "Niger PDP Throws 2011 Guber Race Open". Leadership (Abuja). Archived from the original on 20 November 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
|This biographical article related to the Nigerian military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|