|Full name||Amir Abedzadeh|
|Date of birth||26 April 1993|
|Place of birth||Tehran, Iran|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2010||Persian F.C. London|
|2011||→ LA Blues 23||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 January 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 31 March 2015
Amir Abedzadeh (Persian: امیر عابدزاده, born 26 April 1993) is an Iranian footballer who plays for Portuguese club Marítimo in the Primeira Liga as a goalkeeper. He is the son of former Iranian national team goalkeeper Ahmad Reza Abedzadeh.
Abedzadeh was a member of the Persepolis Youth Academy from 2006 to 2007, having previously trained under his father since he was 7. He moved to the United Kingdom at the age of 15, and after spending two months with the third-tier outfit of Brentford and taking part in a trial with Arsenal, he joined Tottenham Hotspur's academy team in 2009. Abezadeh left Tottenham in the same year, following their signing of Italian goalkeeper Mirko Ranieri.
Abedzadeh was unable to obtain a work permit in UK and after briefly returning to Iran and training with Iran Pro League side Steel Azin, where his father was a coach, to keep himself on form, he moved to the United States in 2011, and signed for the Los Angeles Blues in the USL Pro, where his father was an assistant coach. He made his debut on 7 June 2011, playing for Los Angeles Blues 23 (LA Blues' reserve team) in a USL Premier Development League game against Orange County Blue Star. He made 8 saves but conceded 5 goals, and was also shown a yellow card. In 2012, he had the option to join Chivas USA of Major League Soccer, but he decided to extend his contract with the Blues.
He signed a three-years contract with Persepolis on 15 July 2012. He played for Persepolis U21 in AFC Vision Asia U-21 Tehran Premier League. He scored goal for Persepolis U21 in game with Niroye Zamini U21. Abedzadeh left the Persepolis in 2014 and without playing a single game for the club.
On 3 July 2014, Abedzadeh joined Rah Ahan with signing a four-year contract. He will be worked under his father, Ahmad Reza Abedzadeh who also works at Rah Ahan as goalkeeping coach. He played his first professional match on 19 September 2014 against his former team Persepolis, where he comes as a substitute of injured Igor Nenezić in 34th minute. He was released by Rah Ahan at the end of he 2014–2015 season.
Abedzadeh signed with Portuguese Primeira Liga club Marítimo on 23 January 2017 after good performances with Barreirense in the Campeonato de Portugal. He became the second Iranian goalkeeper to sign for the club after Alireza Haghighi who played for the club in 2016.
Club career statistics
as of 6 November 2014
CS = Clean Sheets
|2011||LA Blues||USL Pro||4||2||—||4||2|
|→ LA Blues 23||USL PDL||3||1||3||1|
|2012||LA Blues||USL Pro||10||6||10||6|
About his playing probability in Iran national under-23 football team, Abedzadeh said: "Again, they told me that they wanted to take the players who have been together for a long time and know each other well... They also explained that if we should qualify, they are going to call in new players to take a look at them. So hopefully they can beat Iraq and qualify for the Olympics, and hopefully I'll get my chance then. I think the problem is that I was in England for the past four years and that they weren't able to watch me play as much as the local players. That has been pretty disappointing for me."
- Profile at uslsoccer.com Archived 24 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Amir Abedzadeh: Wait for the Second Generation of Abedzadeh Family." (in Persian). Khanevadeye Sabz Magazine. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- (Persian) Haddadpour, Mehdi; Zarei, Asghar. Persepolis F.C. Official pictorial lexicon and Yearbook of 2007–2008. Honarkade Khojaste
- Amir Abedzadeh: Filling the Shoes. 31 May 2011 – USL PRO (USL PRO) Los Angeles Blues
- (Persian) Iran Varzeshi Archived 26 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "With Amir Abedzadeh: I want to replace my daddy!" (in Persian). Goal Newspaper. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- Comolli coup as Tottenham secure Italian youth keeper Ranieri[dead link]
- Dinamo Dorigo home page Dinamo Dorigo – 2008/09
- (Persian) Aftab
- Challenge Cup Final
- (Persian) Seyyed Ehsan Hashemi, Goal Daily
- Iranian Legend Making a Home in Los Angeles Archived 9 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Official Match Information Archived 12 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Blue Star Too Much For Blues 23 Archived 21 June 2013 at the Wayback Machine.. LA Blues 23 News Release, Tuesday, 7 June 2011. Koonie faghat !
- Abedzadeh Re-Signs with Los Angeles Blues: Top goalkeeping prospect has sights set firmly on starting job
- Abedzadeh joins Persepolis Archived 19 October 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Abedzadeh Score Goal Persepolis Archived 2 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.