Bar-Lev is noted for his work in directing documentary films. He has directed such films as Fighter, a documentary film released August 24, 2001. The film received a Special Jury Citation in the 2000 Karlovy Vary International Film Festival. The 2007 documentary film My Kid Could Paint That was directed by Bar-Lev, and premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. The film was bought by Sony Pictures Classics in 2007. He also served as co-producer of the 2009 Oscar nominated documentary Trouble the Water. Bar-Lev also directed The Tillman Story, which premiered as a Domestic Documentary Finalist at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. Bar-Lev directed Happy Valley, a film about the Penn State Jerry Sandusky Scandal. His most recent film, Long Strange Trip, explored the Grateful Dead.
- Fighter (2000) (director)
- VH1: All Access (2003) TV series (producer) (unknown episodes)
- Sundance Film Festival Dailies (2003) TV series (segment producer)
- Katrina (2006) (TV) (producer)
- It Could Happen Tomorrow (2006) TV series (producer) (unknown episodes)
- My Kid Could Paint That (2007) (director)
- Trouble the Water (2008) (co-producer)
- The Tillman Story (2010) (director)
- Happy Valley (2014) (director)
- Long Strange Trip (2017) (director) – documentary about the Grateful Dead, executive produced by Martin Scorsese
- indieWIRE - people: Amir Bar-Lev[permanent dead link]
- Official site of Fighter Archived 2007-09-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- "My Kid Could Paint That" - company credits Archived 2010-06-11 at the Wayback Machine. — on IMDB
- Zeitchik, Steven (26 November 2014). "With Paterno-Sandusky doc 'Happy Valley,' unsettling cultural questions". Archived from the original on 28 September 2015 – via LA Times.
- "Amir Bar-Lev". IMDb. Archived from the original on 2008-03-05.
- MediaRights: Amir Bar-Lev's Shortlist Archived June 1, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Tillman Story (2010)".
- Abramovitch, Seth (October 23, 2014). "Martin Scorsese to Exec Produce Grateful Dead Doc". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on February 18, 2016. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Bernstein, Scott (December 14, 2016). "Sundance to Host Premiere of Long Awaited Grateful Dead Documentary". JamBase. Archived from the original on February 26, 2017. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Axis Films
- Amir Bar-Lev on IMDb
- Amir discusses Long Strange Trip with Ira Haberman of The Sound Podcast
|This article about a United States film director born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|