Bar-Lev is noted for his work in directing documentary films. He has directed such films as Fighter, a documentary film released August 24, 2001. The film received a Special Jury Citation in the 2000 Karlovy Vary International Film Festival. The 2007 documentary film My Kid Could Paint That was directed by Bar-Lev, and premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. The film was bought by Sony Pictures Classics in 2007. He also served as co-producer of the 2009 Oscar nominated documentary Trouble the Water. Bar-Lev also directed The Tillman Story, which premiered as a Domestic Documentary Finalist at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. Bar-Lev is currently directing Happy Valley, a film about the Penn State Jerry Sandusky Scandal.
Bar-Lev has taught documentary filmmaking at New York University. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife and daughter.
- Happy Valley (2014) (director)
- The Tillman Story (2010) (director)
- Trouble the Water (2008) (co-producer)
- My Kid Could Paint That (2007) (director)
- It Could Happen Tomorrow (2006) TV series (producer) (unknown episodes)
- Katrina (2006) (TV) (producer)
- Sundance Film Festival Dailies (2003) TV series (segment producer)
- VH1: All Access (2003) TV series (producer) (unknown episodes)
- Fighter (2000) (director)
- "Long Strange Trip" - documentary about the Grateful Dead produced by Martin Scorsese (2015) 
- Axis Films
- Amir Bar-Lev at the Internet Movie Database
- interview with My Kid Could Paint That director Amir Bar-Lev at Filmmaker Magazine
- IONCINEMA.com interview with Amir Bar-Lev for My Kid Can Paint That
- IONCINEMA.com interview with Amir Bar-Lev for The Tillman Story
- Film makers profiles Amir Bar-Lev Yahoo Video
- indieWIRE - people: Amir Bar-Lev[permanent dead link]
- Official site of Fighter
- "My Kid Could Paint That" - company credits — on IMDB
- Bar-Lev on IMDB
- MediaRights: Amir Bar-Lev's Shortlist Archived June 1, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a United States film director born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|