|Full name||Amir Sayoud|
|Date of birth||30 September 1990|
|Place of birth||Guelma, Algeria|
|Height||1.64 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking Midfielder|
|Nasr El Fedjoudj|
|Rapid de Guelma|
|2010||→ Al Arabi (loan)||6||(1)|
|2011||→ Ismaily (loan)||1||(0)|
|2012||→ MC Alger (loan)||5||(1)|
|2013||Beroe Stara Zagora||17||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, September 22, 2015 (EST).
Born in Guelma, Sayoud began his career in 2002 in the youth ranks of local club Nasr El Fedjoudj. He then played for Rapid de Guelma and ES Guelma before moving to ES Sétif. While at Sétif, he saw a television commercial for try outs being held in Algiers for the 'Play Maker Academy' in Ismaïlia, Egypt. Of the 80 people trying out, Sayoud made the top 5 and was sent to train with 108 other players from the Arab world in Ismaïlia. After four months of training, only 35 players were chosen to stay, with Sayoud being among them. The remaining players continued training and participating in matches with Sayoud being chosen as the top player among the group. He was approached by a number of clubs including Al-Ahly, Ismaily, Al-Ahli Dubai and Al Ain. Sayoud decided to join Al-Ahli Dubai, signing a 4-year contract with the club. During his brief time in the United Arab Emirates, his potential was quickly identified by Egyptian club Al-Ahly.
On 23 June 2009, Al-Ahly announced the signing of Sayoud on a five-year contract. Al-Ahly were set to loan him out to Alexandria-based club Ittihad as the club was going to sign Moroccan striker Abdessalam Benjelloun and the Egyptian Premier League sets a three-foreigner player quota for every team. With Gilberto and Francis Doe, the signature of Benjelloun would put the club over the limit. However, Al-Ahly decided to cancel the deal with Benjelloun and registered Sayoud in the squad list for the 2009–10 season. He made his debut with the first team in the second league game against El Geish on 11 September 2009 coming on as a substitute for Francis Doe in the 75th minute. After only 10 minutes in his debut, he gained his first yellow card. After his debut, he commented on the important event in his playing career: "I'm really looking forward to playing again, I would like to thank the coaching staff for giving me this opportunity. I promise to repay their faith and live up to expectations."
On 26 January 2010, Sayoud was loaned out by Al-Ahly to Kuwaiti-side Al Arabi until the end of the season. He made six league appearances, scoring one goal. During his time with the club, he also helped Al Arabi reach the final of the 2010 Kuwait Crown Prince Cup where they lost to Kuwait SC.
Return to Al-Ahly
At the end of the season, Sayoud returned to Al-Ahly where he received the number 31 shirt. On 4 November 2010, Sayoud played his second match for Al-Ahly against ENPPI Club as a substitute for Hossam Ghaly at the half-time.
On 15 September 2011, Sayoud was loaned out to Ismaily SC until the end of the season. On 20 September 2011, Sayoud made his debut for Ismaily as a second half substitute in an Egyptian Cup match against Beni Suef, providing an assist for Mohamed Abougrisha on the 4th goal in a 4–0 Ismaily win.
On 3 June 2011, Sayoud made his official debut for the Algerian Under-23 National Team in a 2012 Summer Olympics qualifier qualifier against Zambia. Sayoud started the game and delivered two assists as Algeria went on to win 3–0. On 16 November 2011, he was selected as part of Algeria's squad for the 2011 CAF U-23 Championship in Morocco.
- Ahli sign Algerian playmaker filgoal.com
- Ahli backtrack on Benji, keep 'new Messi filgoal.com
- Ahli turn on style to move top filgoal.com
- El Geish VS Ahly match details yallakora.com (Arabic)
- "Sayoud vows to keep impressing". September 12, 2009. Retrieved September 13, 2009.
- Verts : Amir Sayoud finaliste de la Coupe du Koweït
- الأهلي يخذل الرائد ويعير سعيود للإسماعيلي; AlWatan, 16 September
- Verts : Sayoud débute par une passe décisive; DZFoot, 20 September 2011.
- Walid Z. (5 September 2012). "Amir Sayoud à l'essai au MSV Duisburg" (in French). DZfoot. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Toufik O (July 4, 2015). "DRB Tadjenanet : Amir Sayoud pour se relancer" (in French). DZfoot. Retrieved July 4, 2015.
- EN U23 : Eliminatoires J.O. 2012, Algérie 3–0 Zambie
- EN U23 : Les 21 joueurs sélectionnés; DZFoot, 16 November 2011.