|Born||18 October 1974|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Alma mater||Cathedral & John Connon School, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, IIM Calcutta|
|Spouse||Preeti Vyas (divorced)|
Amish Tripathi (born 18 October 1974) is an Indian author. He is known for his book series Shiva Trilogy and Ram Chandra Series. The Shiva Trilogy was the fastest-selling book series in Indian publishing history, followed by the Ram Chandra series which was the second fastest selling book series in Indian publishing history.
Amish's books have sold over 5.5 million copies in the Indian subcontinent since 2010.
Early life and education
Amish Tripathi was born in Mumbai and grew up near Rourkela, Odisha. He is an alumnus of Cathedral & John Connon School; St. Xavier's College, Mumbai; and Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
He worked for 14 years in the financial services industry before turning to writing.
The Immortals of Meluha, Tripathi's first novel and first in the Shiva Trilogy, was published in February 2010. The second book in the series, The Secret of the Nagas, was released in August 2011, and the third and final installment, titled The Oath of the Vayuputras, was released in February 2013.
The Scion of Ikshvaku was released in June 2015. It is the first book in the Ram Chandra series. It follows the story of Ram and is a prequel to the Shiva Trilogy. The Scion of Ikshvaku won the Crossword Book's "Best Popular Award". Sita: Warrior of Mithila, the sequel to The Scion of Ikshvaku, was released in May 2017. It became the highest-selling book of 2017. Raavan: The Enemy of Aryavarta, the third book in The Ram Chandra series, was released in July 2019. Legend of Suheldev: The King Who Saved India, his first historical book and first book in Indic Chronicles, was released in June 2020.
As film producer
In September 2020, he announced that he is turning into a producer with an adaptation of his novel, Legend of Suheldev: The King Who Saved India, under the banner Immortal Studios, with Wakaoo Films and Casa Media.
Awards and recognition
- Listed among Top-50 Most Powerful People by India Today (2019)
- Honorary Doctorate by Jharkhand Rai University for outstanding contribution to Art & Literature (2019)
- Hello Hall of Fame Awards for Literary Excellence (2019)
- Jashn-e-youngistan Award (2018)
- Ustad Bismillah Khan Award (2018) for contribution to Indian culture
- Kalinga International Literary Award (2018)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award (2017) from IIM - Calcutta
- Raymond Crossword Popular Fiction Award for his book Scion of Ikshvaku in (2016)
Rama Chandra Series
- Ram: Scion of Ikshvaku (2015)
- Sita: Warrior of Mithila (2017)
- Raavan: Enemy of Aryavarta (2019)
- The War of Lanka
- Immortal India: Young India, Timeless Civilisation (2017)
- Dharma: Decoding the Epics for a Meaningful Life (2020)
- "About Amish". Author Amish. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Amish's six fiction books in the HT-Nielsen BookScan Top 10". www.adgully.com.
- "Amish Tripathi". www.iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- Tripathi, Amish (15 November 2021). "Steal a tyre to write a bestseller: Amish Tripathi". India Today. Retrieved 1 December 2021.
- "Shiva Trilogy Becomes Fastest Selling Book Series in the History of Indian Publishing | Work & Life | www.indiatimes.com". 1 May 2013. Archived from the original on 1 May 2013.
- "Buy Ram- scion of ikshvaku (sor) online - Crossword". www.crossword.in.
- "Amish Tripathi". Indian Speaker Bureau.
- "Amish Tripathi's new hero — Suheldev". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- "New feather in the cap: Amish Tripathi becomes director of Nehru Centre in London". The Economic Times. 21 June 2019. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "Amish Tripathi's 'Legend of Suheldev' getting film adaptation - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "The most powerful people of India 2019". India Today. 30 July 2019 [July 26, 2019].
- "Jharkhand Rai University (JRU), Ranchi". Jharkhand Rai University (JRU), Ranchi.
- "Hello! Hall Of Fame Awards 2019: Photos and the complete winners list - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Tweet". twitter.com. Retrieved 29 June 2020.
- "Prestigious Kalinga International Literary Award 2018 to Amish Tripathi, Kalinga Literary Award 2018 to Padmaj Pal, Kalinga Karubaki Award 2018 to Nirupama Rao". 30 May 2018.
- "Distinguished Alumnus Award | IIM Calcutta". www.iimcal.ac.in.
- Tripathi, Amish (1 December 2016). "Ruskin Bond win Crossword Book Awards". India Today.
- "Amish Tripathi's second non-fiction book, 'Dharma', to release on December 28". The Economic Times. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amish Tripathi.|
|Works by Amish Tripathi|
|Shiva Trilogy||The Immortals of Meluha|
|Ram Chandra Series||Ram: Scion of Ikshvaku|
|Indic Chronicles||Legend of Suheldev: The Kind Who Saved India|
|Non - Fiction||The Immortal India|