Amit Jogi is the son of Chhattisgarh politician and former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi.He became a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) representing Marwahi Constituency in 2013 Assembly Elections. He defeated the BJP candidate by the highest margin in the state i.e.by a margin of 46,250 votes.
Amit Jogi was supposedly a US citizen by birth, and became a naturalised Indian citizen in July 2004 or 2002. His date and place of birth are not clear and unambiguous because he has provided documents with differing dates and places.
Amit Jogi is a graduate of St. Stephen's College (BA Hons. History) and JNU (MA Politics and International Studies), Delhi.
On July 23, 2011, Amit Jogi was badly injured when attacked by a mob while campaigning for Ms. Tanya Solomon, the Congress cadidate for the Jabera assembly by-poll in Madhya Pradesh. Ms. Solomon is the daughter of the late Mr. Ratnesh Solomon who was a five time MLA from the Jabera constituency, and brother-in-law of Ajit Jogi.
Amit Jogi recommended highest number of corrections in the Governor's address to the house on march 2013. The corrections made by Amit Jogi was 219 out of 579 in total.
- Visa power: Amit Jogi is swimming in alien waters The Pioneer December 18, 2003.
- "Born in the USA, says Amit Jogi, Congress candidate in Chhattisgarh". NDTV. Nov 4, 2013.
- "New revelations about Amit Jogi could spell embarrassment for Rahul". the Hindu. October 31, 2013.
- Amit Jogi behind Judeo sting: CBI Times of India July 21, 2005.
- Ex-CM Ajit Jogi's son attacked by mob, badly injured Times of India June 24, 2011.
- Young MP doctor in Cong prestige fight The Telegraph June 20, 2011.