Amit Jogi is an Indian politician from Chhattisgarh state. Jogi is the son of former Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh Ajit Jogi.He became a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) representing Marwahi (Vidhan Sabha Constituency) in 2013 Assembly Elections. He defeated the Bharatiya Janata Party candidate by the highest margin in the state, 46,250 votes.
Jogi was supposedly a US citizen by birth, and became a naturalised Indian citizen in July 2004 or 2002. His date and place of birth are not clear and unambiguous because he has provided documents with differing dates and places.
On July 23, 2011, Amit Jogi was badly injured when attacked by a mob while campaigning for Ms. Tanya Solomon, the Indian National Congress candidate for the Jabera (Vidhan Sabha constituency) by-poll in Madhya Pradesh. Ms. Solomon is the daughter of the late Mr. Ratnesh Solomon who was a five time MLA from the Jabera constituency, and brother-in-law of Ajit Jogi.
Amit Jogi recommended highest number of corrections in the Governor's address to the house in March 2013. The corrections made by Amit Jogi was 219 out of 579 in total.
The INC expelled Jogi on 7 January 2017, for six years for indulging in anti-party activities. The junior Jogi later said he would challenge his expulsion as the party is not anybody’s “Bapoti” (personal property).
On 2 March 2017, the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly passed a censure motion against Jogi for "unparliamentary" behavior.
Chhattisgarh Janata Congress
Chhattisgarh Janata Congress was founded by former Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh Ajit Jogi, after Jogi and his son Amit were expelled from Indian National Congress for anti-party activities and for sabotaging an Antagarh by polls elections. Amit was expelled for six years.
- Visa power: Amit Jogi is swimming in alien waters Archived August 10, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. The Pioneer December 18, 2003.
- "Born in the USA, says Amit Jogi, Congress candidate in Chhattisgarh". NDTV. Nov 4, 2013.
- "New revelations about Amit Jogi could spell embarrassment for Rahul". the Hindu. October 31, 2013.
- Amit Jogi behind Judeo sting: CBI Times of India July 21, 2005.
- Ex-CM Ajit Jogi's son attacked by mob, badly injured Times of India June 24, 2011.
- Young MP doctor in Cong prestige fight The Telegraph June 20, 2011.
- "Congress expels Amit Jogi for six years". ABP Live. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Ajit Jogi announces new political party
- Congress set to split in Chhattisgarh
- Congress embarrassed after audio tapes link Ajit Jogi to sabotaging party prospects in 2014 bypolls
- Chhattisgarh Janta Congress: Ajit Jogi names his new party
- Ajit Jogi names new party, Chhattisgarh Janata Congress (Jogi)
- Ajit Jogi names his new party