|Alma mater||University of Calcutta|
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
|Occupation||Author, Spiritual Master|
Dr. Amit Ray (born 12 August 1960) is an Indian author, and spiritual master. He is known for his teachings on meditation, yoga, peace and compassion. He is best known for his Om meditation and integrated yoga and vipassana meditation techniques. He is author of several books on meditation and other spiritual topics. He teaches peace, love and compassion for the transformation of human consciousness. He is one of the pioneers of compassionate artificial intelligence movement.   
Education and Early life
Amit Ray was born on 12 August 1960. He earned a BS in Engineering at Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur, then affiliated with the University of Calcutta. He earned his M.Tech and Ph.D. at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. In his early years he worked as a scientist in computational neuroscience.
Ray learned about meditation from the wandering monks and ascetics who happened to pass by his childhood village farmhouse. He was often found absorbed in deep meditation under a Peepal tree in the forest near his house. His early years were rich with divine experiences. When he was working in a corporate job in London, many uncommon mystical experiences happened to him. His first deep realization happened at Thornton Heath London. 
From 2004 to 2010, Ray practiced a form of meditation called long silence meditation in Uttarkashi, Himalaya. At Uttarkashi and Gomukh Ray stated he gained a deeper realization of cosmic God consciousness. He experienced a series of powerful and profound awakenings that revealed to him the true nature of human reality and existence. Ray started living and sharing his wisdom.
He teaches 114 chakra system  the importance of integrating yoga, mindfulness and positive approach towards life. Ray says that "Yoga is not a religion, it is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind and soul." He advocates for creating peace and positive vibration on earth. He emphasizes that it does not matter how long we are spending on earth, or how much money we have gathered or how much attention we have received. According to him it is the amount of positive vibration we have radiated in life that matters. He emphasizes the value of family. According to him there is no better example for a child than a caring mother and a dignified father. He underlines the value of beautification of inner dialog and the inner world with love light and compassion to make life beautiful.
He is one of the pioneers of compassionate artificial intelligence movement. He introduced the concept of Deep Compassion algorithms and frameworks to solve humanitarian needs such as compassionate care-giving, helping physically and mentally challenged people.  Ray argues the importance of compassion, kindness and emotional intelligence in the age of automation, AI and social robots. He said "As more and more artificial intelligence is entering into the world, more and more emotional intelligence must enter into leadership.”  Ray has used the term "compassionate social robot", which he defined as an autonomous physical agent that interacts with humans in social context like a human, on all fronts of emotions, intelligence, compassion and creativity. 
Peace and Humanitarian Work
Ray propagates peace and nuclear weapons free world. He feels our commitment to next generations is to bring heaven on earth, and not nuclear annihilation and we must act before the time slips.  He believes greater collaboration among international organisations is essential. He said, collaboration is the essence of life as the wind, bees and flowers work together, to spread the pollen.  He is against the inequalities, discrimination, exploitation faced by the girl child across the world. He said, smiling face of every little girl is the signature of God’s presence. Ray advocates planting more trees, to give our children and the future generation a cleaner and safe environment. He stated that we may not plant millions of trees, but we can take care of one single tree with love and care that will make us great. He advocates love and kindness in crisis situation. He said that in every crisis, doubt or confusion take the higher path — the path of compassion, courage, understanding, kindness and love. 
- Om Chanting and Meditation 
- OM Sutra: The Pathway to Enlightenment 
- Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Lifestyle 
- Awakening Inner Guru: The Path of Realizing the God Within 
- World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird 
- Meditation: Insights and Inspirations 
- Compassionate Artificial Intelligence: Frameworks and Algorithms 
Selected Scientific Articles
Stepless PWM speed control of AC motors: A neural network approach, Neurocomputing, Volume 6, Issues 5–6, October 1994, Pages 523–539.
Real-time fault diagnosis — Using occupancy grids and neural network techniques, IEA of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 604, 1992, pp 636–640. 
Equipment fault diagnosis—A neural network approach, Computers in Industry, Volume 16, Issue 2, June 1991, Pages 169–177.
- "Share the Love of Yoga on International Yoga Day". Cape Town Magazine.
- Maharana, Kabita. "International Peace Day 2014". International Business Times.
- Fielding, Polly (2 January 2015). Nurturing Compassion. Polly Fielding. ISBN 9781505905731.
- Snieder, Roel (24 June 2016). The Joy of Science - Compassion. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9781316535943.
- "Inner Peace and Beauty: Teachings of Sri Amit Ray". Mastering Yoga. 24 February 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Amit Ray Official Website".
- Ray, Amit (2010). OM Chanting and Meditation (2nd ed.). Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 9788191026931.
- "Biography in Authors DB".
- Ray, Amit; Ray, Banani (9 September 2014). World Peace. ISBN 9789382123262. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Wilson, Annie (12 May 2018). "Compassionate Artificial Intelligence Movement". Inner Light Publishers.
- Coleman, Jeff (1 February 2019). "What is AI 5.0? Everything you need to know". Medium.
- Bhatia, Richa (11 July 2018). "How Quantum Computing Will Change The Face Of Artificial Intelligence". Analytics India Magazine.
- Ray, Amit (3 October 2018). Compassionate Artificial Intelligence. Compassionate AI Lab. ISBN 9789382123460.
- Martin, Nicole (27 August 2019). "Robots Are Actually Teaching Humans To Be More Compassionate". Forbes.
- McLeod, Andrew (30 March 2019). "Human Rights and Ethical issues of Artificial Intelligence". AI News.
- Ray, Amit (October 1994). "Stepless PWM speed control of AC motors: A neural network approach". Neurocomputing. 6 (5, 6): 523–539. doi:10.1016/0925-2312(94)90004-3.
- Ray, Amit (1992). "Real-time fault diagnosis — Using occupancy grids and neural network techniques". Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems. Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems: Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 604. pp. 636–640. doi:10.1007/BFb0025019. ISBN 978-3-540-55601-5.
- Ray, Amit (June 1991). "Equipment fault diagnosis—A neural network approach". Computers in Industry. 16 (2): 169–177. doi:10.1016/0166-3615(91)90088-Q.
- Schneider, Adalbert (2019). "A Brief History of the Chakras in Human Body". Psychology Review. Vol. 15. p. 21-24. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- "Yoga and you, The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Yoga for Weight Loss". NDTV.
- "World Record Breaking Headstand Yoga, Arabian Gazette". Arabian Gazette, Middle East Business News, Dubai News, UAE News.
- Chappell, Greg. "The death that stopped a nation". The Hindu.
- "Hughes had no time for negativity". Cricket.com.au Australia. 1 December 2014.
- "7 Questions That Will Keep You Curious". Huffington Post. 5 August 2014.
- LEE, GLORIA (20 June 2015). "Tell Dad "I Love You"". Christianity Daily.
- Andrews, Susan (4 June 2020). "Data Has Never Been More Powerful | University of Bridgeport". www.bridgeport.edu. University of Bridgeport. University of Bridgeport. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- Fox, Amy. "Coronavirus app finally launches in England". The Day. The Day News UK. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Clarkson, Jennifer (2020). "Social Ethical Robots Based on Amit Ray's Deep Compassion Algorithms". doi:10.13140/RG.2.2.24479.38568 – via ResearchGate. Cite journal requires
- Lee, Inessa (4 July 2019). Equalism: Paradise Regained. In: Lee N. (eds) The Transhumanism Handbook. Springer Link, Cham. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-16920-6_66. ISBN 978-3-030-16919-0.
- Gurría, Angel. "11th Annual Meeting of the United Nations Governing Body Secretariats". Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Retrieved 22 February 2020.
- World, Republic (24 January 2020). "National Girl Child Day 2020: Powerful words for your loved ones". Republic World. Republic World. Retrieved 22 February 2020.
- Maika Bolatiki, Suva (23 February 2019). "Editorial: Plant A Tree Today For The Sake Of Our Children". Fiji Sun News. Fiji Sun. Retrieved 22 February 2020.
- Paul, Dan (1 April 2020). "Finding compassion and love in a time of crisis | News, Sports - Daily Press". Daily Press. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- Ray, Amit; Ray, Banani (2012). OM Sutra: The Pathway to Enlightenment (2nd ed.). Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-9382123101.
- Ray, Amit (2012). Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Lifestyle. Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-8191026924.
- Ray, Banani; Ray, Amit (2010). Awakening Inner Guru: The Path of Realizing God Within (2nd ed.). Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-8191026900.
- Ray, Amit (2014). World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird. Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-9382123262.
- Ray, Amit (2010). Meditation: Insights and Inspirations. Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-9382123316.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Amit Ray|