August 12, 1960|
University of Calcutta|
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
|Occupation||Author, Spiritual Master|
Dr. Amit Ray (born August 12, 1960) is an Indian author, and spiritual master. He is known to the world for his teachings on meditation, yoga, peace and compassion. He is best known for his Om meditation and integrated yoga and vipassana meditation techniques. He is author of several books on meditation and other spiritual topics. He teaches peace, love and compassion for the transformation of human consciousness.
Education and Early life
Amit Ray was born on August 12, 1960. He did his engineering from Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur, then affiliated with the University of Calcutta. He did his M.Tech and Ph.D from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. In his early years he worked as a scientist in computational neuroscience.
From his childhood, he learnt meditation from the wandering monks and ascetics who happened to pass by their village farmhouse. He was guided by Divine force. He was often found absorbed in deep meditation under a Peepal tree in the forest near his house. His early years, from the age eight to fourteen, were rich with divine experiences. While he was working in a corporate job in London, many uncommon mystical experiences happened to him. His first deep realization happened at Thornton Heath London. 
Later on, from 2004 to 2010 he went for long silence meditation in Uttarkashi, Himalaya. His deeper realization of cosmic God consciousness happens at Uttarkashi and Gomukh. He experienced a series of powerful and profound awakening, which revealed to him the true nature of human reality and existence. Realizing the liberating truth, he started living and sharing his wisdom.
He teaches the importance of integrating yoga, mindfulness and positive approach towards life. His words and teachings are popular and inspire people across the world. Regarding yoga he says that yoga is not a religion. It is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind and soul. He advocates for creating peace and positive vibration on earth. He emphasizes that it does not matter how long we are spending on earth, or how much money we have gathered or how much attention we have received. According to him it is the amount of positive vibration we have radiated in life that matters. He emphasizes the value of family. According to him there is no better example for a child than a caring mother and a dignified father.
- Om Chanting and Meditation 
- OM Sutra: The Pathway to Enlightenment 
- Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Lifestyle 
- Awakening Inner Guru: The Path of Realizing the God Within 
- World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird 
- Meditation: Insights and Inspirations 
Selected Scientific Articles
Stepless PWM speed control of AC motors: A neural network approach, Neurocomputing, Volume 6, Issues 5–6, October 1994, Pages 523–539.
Real-time fault diagnosis — Using occupancy grids and neural network techniques, IEA of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 604, 1992, pp 636–640. 
Equipment fault diagnosis—A neural network approach, Computers in Industry, Volume 16, Issue 2, June 1991, Pages 169–177.
- "Share the Love of Yoga on International Yoga Day". Cape Town Magazine.
- Maharana, Kabita. "International Peace Day 2014". International Business Times.
- Fielding, Polly. Nurturing Compassion. Polly Fielding. ISBN 9781505905731.
- "Inner Peace and Beauty: Teachings of Sri Amit Ray". Mastering Yoga. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Amit Ray Official Website".
- Ray, Amit (2010). OM Chanting and Meditation (2nd ed.). Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 9788191026931.
- "Biography in Authors DB".
- "World Peace". Google Book. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Ray, Amit (October 1994). "Stepless PWM speed control of AC motors: A neural network approach". Neurocomputing. 6 (5,6): 523–539. doi:10.1016/0925-2312(94)90004-3.
- Ray, Amit (1992). "Real-time fault diagnosis — Using occupancy grids and neural network techniques". Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems: Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 604: 636–640.
- Ray, Amit (June 1991). "Equipment fault diagnosis—A neural network approach". Computers in Industry, Elsevier. 16 (2): 169–177. doi:10.1016/0166-3615(91)90088-Q.
- "Yoga and you, The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Yoga for Weight Loss". NDTV.
- "World Record Breaking Headstand Yoga, Arabian Gazette". Arabian Gazette, Middle East Business News, Dubai News, UAE News.
- Chappell, Greg. "The death that stopped a nation". The Hindu.
- "Hughes had no time for negativity". Cricket.com.au Australia. 2014-12-01.
- "7 Questions That Will Keep You Curious". Huffington Post. 2014-08-05.
- LEE, GLORIA. "Tell Dad "I Love You"". Christianity Daily.
- Ray, Amit; Ray, Banani (2012). OM Sutra: The Pathway to Enlightenment (2nd ed.). Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-9382123101.
- Ray, Amit (2012). Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Lifestyle. Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-8191026924.
- Ray, Banani; Ray, Amit (2010). Awakening Inner Guru: The Path of Realizing God Within (2nd ed.). Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-8191026900.
- Ray, Amit (2014). World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird. Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-9382123262.
- Ray, Amit (2010). Meditation: Insights and Inspirations. Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-9382123316.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Amit Ray|