Amitabh Bhattacharya at the Agneepath music launch
|Born||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Amitabh Bhattacharya is an Indian lyricist and playback singer who works in Bollywood films. He shot to fame with the film Dev.D. The song "Emotional Attyachar" from the movie was an instant hit. He has been continuously writing lyrics for a variety of Bollywood movies since then and has also sung a few of them. Bhattacharya has also maintained a close association with Amit Trivedi since their first film Aamir. He has written the lyrics or sang for most of the film albums composed by the latter. His lyrics have been variously described as "frillfree" and "smartly worded".
As playback singer
|2008||Aamir||Amit Trivedi||Ek Lau, Ha Raham|
|2009||Wake Up Sid||Amit Trivedi||Iktara||Ayan Mukerji|
|2010||Band Baaja Baaraat||Salim-Sulaiman||Mitra|
|2010||Udaan||Amit Trivedi||Geet, Aazadiyan|
|2010||Admissions Open||Amit Trivedi||Dariya Ubale, Aasman Ke Paar|
|2010||Fast Forward||Aankhon ki Baat|
|2011||No One Killed Jessica||Amit Trivedi||Dua|
|2012||Aiyyaa||Amit Trivedi||What to do||Anurag Kashyap Production|
|2013||Lootera||Amit Trivedi||Ankahee, Manmarziyan, Shikayatein, Monta Re||Phantom Films Production|
|2013||Chennai Express||Vishal-Shekhar||Tera Rasta Chhodun Na||Red Chillies|
|2014||2 States||Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy||Offo||Dharma Productions|
|2014||Happy Ending (film)||Sachin-Jigar||Paaji Tussi Such a Pussy Cat||Illuminati Films|
- For eight years, I was a nobody: Amitabh Bhattacharya – The Times of India
- "Tu Chahiye lyrics". Express. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- Pillai, Pooja (9 July 2010). "A new hope". Express. Retrieved 3 July 2011.[dead link]
- Abraham, Letty Mariam (19 May 2011). "'DK Bose' writer Amitabh: bard of the absurd?". IBN. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- "Amitabh Bhattacharya : Filmography and Profile". Bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- Amitabh Bhattacharya at the Internet Movie Database
- "Amitabh Bhattacharya: Filmography". Bollywood Hungama.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|