|Traded as||NASDAQ: AMKR|
|Industry||Semiconductors & Related Devices|
|Headquarters||Tempe, AZ, United States|
|Revenue||US$3.13B (FY 2014)|
|US$193M (FY 2014)|
|US$98.7M (FY 2014)|
|Total assets||US$3.64B (FY 2014)|
|Total equity||US$1.12B (FY 2014)|
Number of employees
Amkor Technology, Inc. is a semiconductor product packaging and test services provider. The company has been headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, since 2005, when it was moved from West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States. The company was founded in 1969 and, as of 2014, had 21,900 employees worldwide and a reported $3.1 billion in sales.
With factories in China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines and Taiwan, Amkor is a leading player in the semiconductor industry. It packages and tests integrated circuits (ICs) for chip manufacturers.
In February 2016, Amkor fully acquired J-Devices Corp., the largest outsourced semiconductor assembly and test provider in Japan.
- Amkor Technology (AMKR) annual SEC income statement filing via Wikinvest.
- Amkor Technology (AMKR) annual SEC balance sheet filing via Wikinvest.
- "Company Profile for Amkor Technology Inc (AMKR)". Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- EE Times. “Amkor's outlook improved as it moves headquarters.” June 3, 2005. Retrieved April 19, 2016.
- By Hayley Ringle, Phoenix Business Journal. “Amkor Tech finishes 100 percent buy of a Japanese semiconductor company.” February 11, 2016. Retrieved December 21, 2016.
Amkor technology has competitiveness for chip assembly by thermal compression as well as wafer level packaging.
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|