Amlan Das Gupta
Amlan Das Gupta
Amlan Das Gupta in Bangalore.
|Notable works||Renaissance Texts and Contexts|
Amlan Das Gupta is Professor of English, Jadavpur University, Kolkata. He is a noted scholar of Classical and Biblical Studies, English Renaissance literature and an authority on Miltonic studies in India having numerous publications to his credit.
He earned his B.A.(Hons.) from Presidency College of the University of Calcutta and went on to pursue the M.A. at Jadavpur University. He received an M. Phil. from Oxford University and did his Ph.D. from Jadavpur University. After teaching at Scottish Church College and the University of Calcutta, he joined the faculty of Jadavpur University.
As per the Jadavpur University curriculum, he offers optional courses ranging from Classical and Arthurian Studies to Pre-Modern and Modern Literature.
He is also building an archive of North Indian classical music at the School of Cultural Texts and Records at Jadavpur University. He has also offered a course on the history of North Indian Classical Music.
Jishu (Kolkata: Papyrus, 1997);
He is the editor of Renaissance Texts and Contexts (New Delhi: Macmillan, 2003)
and Music and Modernity: North Indian Classical Music in an Age of Mechanical Reproduction (Kolkata: Thema, 2007).
- Amlan Das Gupta. Jadavpur University.
- Teaching Staff: English in 175th Year Commemoration Volume. Scottish Church College, April 2008. page 573
- Thema : Culture Studies/ Performance/Media/Film 2 Archived 9 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- ::.. Orient Longman Pvt. Ltd. ..:: Archived 28 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-06-09.