Amnesia Fortnight 2017
|Amnesia Fortnight 2017|
|Developer(s)||Double Fine Productions|
|Publisher(s)||Double Fine Productions|
Amnesia Fortnight 2017 is a bundle of prototypes made during a two-week public prototyping session in 2017 by Double Fine Productions, which was held in conjunction with Humble Bundle in 2017. Everyone that paid a minimum of $1 had the opportunity to vote on 25 concept ideas from employees. After the completion of the voting period, the top two picks were developed into prototypes. In addition, Tim Schafer chose an additional prototype, and the Double Fine Productions staff that was working on Amnesia Fortnight chose another. This was done to give the team a bit of control, rather than have all of the choices be as a result of online voting. Double Fine developed these four concept ideas from employees into game prototypes that became available to those that purchased the bundle after they were completed.
In addition, fan projects were also included this year. Three fan pitches were presented in a video and everyone that paid a minimum of $1 could choose between the three pitches. All three games, Pongball, Amnesia Adventure and The Lost Dev Team were developed into prototypes by fans. The top choice, Pongball, was included with the Amnesia Fortnight downloads.
2 Player Productions filmed a documentary about the making of the prototypes, which was also released on YouTube.
I Have No Idea What I'm Doing
I Have No Idea What I'm Doing was Tim Schafer's choice. It is a multi-player virtual reality party game that was led by Zak McClendon. One player wears the headset, and the players not wearing the headset play using the standard display.
Kiln was the Double Fine Productions team's choice.
The Gods Must Be Hungry
The Gods Must Be Hungry was the top fan choice.
Darwin's Dinner was the second fan choice.
The Lost Dev Team
The Lost Dev Team was the second fan-developed prototype. It is a single player puzzle platformer akin to The Lost Vikings or The Cave. In the game, three game developers, a programmer, a musician, and an artist, have to use their unique skills to get past various puzzles.
Amnesia Adventure was the third fan-developed prototype. It is an adventure game with differently styled scenes, wherein an amnesiac adventurer relives past adventures through memories. It was conceptualized by Ben "TimeGentlemen" Ward of Size Five Games, and led by Jennifer "Jenni" McMurray and Eivind "flesk" Nilsbakken.
- Warr, Philippa (April 26, 2017). "Tim Schafer tells the story of Amnesia Fortnight". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- McMurray, Jennifer (April 4, 2017). "Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight Returns". The International House of Mojo. Retrieved May 1, 2017.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (April 28, 2017). "Here's some crazy new game prototypes Double Fine has cooked up". Eurogamer. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Horti, Samuel (April 10, 2017). "Double Fine announces winners of Amnesia Fortnight game jam". PC Gamer. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Bush, Josh (April 30, 2017). "Pongball and Amnesia Fortnight 2017". Retrieved May 1, 2018.