This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||2005 (as Amobee Media Services)|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, United States|
Amobee is a global marketing technology company serving the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Airbnb, Dell EMC and Lexus. Amobee’s patented Brand Intelligence technology measures digital engagement to provide a deeper understanding of audiences, their mindset and interests. Our unified platform enables marketers to seamlessly plan and activate cross-channel, programmatic media campaigns using Brand Intelligence, and includes ads API integrations with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat.
Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Amobee was founded in May 2005 by Gil Shulman, Saul Rurka and Zohar Levkovitz. It went live in June 2005. One year later, the company recruited Roger Cameron Wood, a mobile industry veteran, who established the company's U.S. presence in San Francisco.
In 2009, Amobee purchased media company RingRingMedia in order to expand their advertising customer base, enabling mobile media owners to sell advertising space to companies on a collective basis. At the time of acquisition, RingRingMedia bought more than $2 million (£1.2 million) of mobile media a month, serving more than 4 billion ad impressions a month.
In June 2014, Amobee acquired two of its competitors; Adconion Direct for $235M and Kontera for $150M, in an attempt to consolidate its market position.
On February 22, 2017, Amobee announced an agreement to acquire Turn, a leading global technology platform for marketers and agencies. The acquisition will make Amobee one the largest independent buy-side marketing technology providers in the world, with advanced data analytics capabilities, enabling brands to better understand and reach their customers, and enhance the way they engage them, on a global scale.
- "Home - Amobee". amobee.com. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "Saul Rurka".crunchbase.com. Retrieved January 2, 2012
- "Zohar Levkovitz". crunchbase.com. Retrieved January 2, 2012
- "Amobee Acquires RingRing Media – Consolidates Mobile Advertising Market". AllBusiness.com. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "Trevor Healy Named CEO of Amobee". prnewswire.com. July 14, 2011. Retrieved January 2, 2012
- Shelach, Shmulik (5 March 2012). "SingTel buys mobile ads co Amobee for $321m". Globes. Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Amobee Buys Adconion For $235M And Kontera For $150M In Consolidation Play
- "Kim Perell Named New CEO of Amobee". Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- Currie, Amanda (February 22, 2017). "Amobee Expands Digital Marketing Technology with Acquisition of Turn". MarketWired. Retrieved February 22, 2017.