A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||2005 (as Amobee Media Services)|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, United States|
Amobee is a marketing technology company whose Brand Intelligence technology measures digital engagement. Their unified platform enables marketers to plan media campaigns.
Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Amobee was founded in May 2005 by Gil Shulman, Saul Rurka and Zohar Levkovitz. It went live in June 2005. One year later, the company recruited Roger Cameron Wood, a mobile industry veteran, who established the company's U.S. presence in San Francisco.
In 2009, Amobee purchased media company RingRingMedia in order to expand their advertising customer base, enabling mobile media owners to sell advertising space to companies on a collective basis. At the time of acquisition, RingRingMedia bought more than $2 million (£1.2 million) of mobile media a month, serving more than 4 billion ad impressions a month.
In June 2014, Amobee acquired two of its competitors: Adconion Direct for $235M and Kontera for $150M, in an attempt to consolidate its market position.
In March 2018, Amobee partnered with TruSignal, Inc to launch custom bid algorithms for marketers.
Amobee's original backing was from financial backing from Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners and Globespan Capital, as well as strategic investments from Motorola, Cisco, Vodafone and Telefónica. Since 2012, Amobee has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel.
- "Home - Amobee". amobee.com. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "Saul Rurka".crunchbase.com. Retrieved January 2, 2012
- "Zohar Levkovitz". crunchbase.com. Retrieved January 2, 2012
- "Amobee Acquires RingRing Media – Consolidates Mobile Advertising Market". AllBusiness.com. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "Trevor Healy Named CEO of Amobee". prnewswire.com. July 14, 2011. Retrieved January 2, 2012
- Shelach, Shmulik (5 March 2012). "SingTel buys mobile ads co Amobee for $321m". Globes. Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Amobee Buys Adconion For $235M And Kontera For $150M In Consolidation Play
- "Kim Perell Named New CEO of Amobee". Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- Currie, Amanda (February 22, 2017). "Amobee Expands Digital Marketing Technology with Acquisition of Turn". MarketWired. Retrieved February 22, 2017.
- "Singtel's digital ad division Amobee acquires Turn for $310M – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Amobee Launches Custom Bid Algorithms for Marketers - Adotas". Adotas. 2018-03-09. Retrieved 2018-06-06.