|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Amodghata is located at .
As per 2011 Census of India Amodghata had a total population of 7,910 of which 3,909 (49%) were males and 4,001 (51%) were females. Population below 6 years was 627. The total number of literates in Amodghata was 6,459 (88.69% of the population over 6 years).
The following Municipalities and Census Towns in Hooghly district were part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in 2011 census: Bansberia (M), Hugli-Chinsurah (M), Bara Khejuria (Out Growth), Shankhanagar (CT), Amodghata (CT), Chak Bansberia (CT), Naldanga (CT), Kodalia (CT), Kulihanda (CT), Simla (CT), Dharmapur (CT), Bhadreswar (M), Champdani (M), Chandannagar (M Corp.), Baidyabati (M), Serampore (M), Rishra (M), Rishra (CT), Bamunari (CT), Dakshin Rajyadharpur (CT), Nabagram Colony (CT), Konnagar (M), Uttarpara Kotrung (M), Raghunathpur (PS-Dankuni) (CT), Kanaipur (CT) and Keota (CT).
As of 2001[update] India census, Amodghata had a population of 6,864. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Amodghata has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 54% of the males and 46% of females literate. 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- District-wise list of statutory towns Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Yahoo maps location of Amodghata". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 2009-01-03.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|