From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up amoeba, amœba, or ameba in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Amoeba (sometimes amœba or ameba, plural amoebae, amoebas or amebas) is a type of cell or organism which has the ability to alter its shape, primarily by extending and retracting pseudopods.
Amoeba or variants may also refer to:
- Amoeba (genus), a genus of single-celled protists in the family Amoebidae
- Amoebozoa, a large group of protists that includes the genus Amoeba
- Amoeba defense, a basketball strategy
- Amoeba (operating system)
- Amoeba Music, an independent music chain
- Amoeba (band), an experimental music group with Robert Rich and Rick Davies
- "Amoeba", a song by the Adolescents off their 1981 self-titled debut album
- Amoeba (mathematics), a certain type of set
- Amoeba order, a mathematical construction in set theory
- Ameba (website), a Japanese social networking website
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Amoeba.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.