Amolatar is located approximately 87 kilometres (54 mi), by road, south of Lira, the largest city in the sub-region. This location lies 185 kilometres (115 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the town are:01 38 06N, 32 49 30E (Latitude:1.6350; Longitude:32.8250).
In 2002, the national population census estimated the town's population at about 11,420. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 14,300. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Amolatar at 14,800.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of the town:
- The headquarters of Amolatar District Administration
- The offices of Amolatar Town Council
- The Amolatar Monument which marks the geograpic centre of Uganda
- "Road Distance Between Amolatar And Lira With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Amolatar And Kampala With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Google (3 July 2015). "Location of Amolatar At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Amolatar In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-07-07.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)