|Elevation||3,425 ft (1,044 m)|
Amolatar is located in Kioga County, approximately 115 kilometres (71 mi), by road, south of the city of Lira, the largest city in the sub-region. This location lies 391 kilometres (243 mi), by road, north of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the town are:01 38 06N, 32 49 30E (Latitude:1.6350; Longitude:32.8250).
In 2002, the national population census estimated the town's population at about 11,420. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 14,300. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Amolatar at 14,800.
In 2015, UBOS estimated the population of the town at 11,400. In 2020, the population agency estimated the population of Amolatar Town Council at 12,900 inhabitants; of whom 6,400 (49.6 percent) were females and 6,500 (50.4 percent) were males. UBOS calculated that the population of the town, increased at an average rate of 2.6 percent annually, between 2015 and 2020.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of the town: (a) the headquarters of Amolatar District Administration (b) the offices of Amolatar Town Council (c) the Amolatar Monument which marks the geographic centre of Uganda and (d) Amolatar Health Centre IV, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health.
- Mindat (24 July 2021). "Amolatar Town Council, Kioga County, Amolatar District, Northern Region, Uganda". Mindat.org. Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- Google (24 July 2021). "Road Distance Between Amolatar, Uganda And Lira, Uganda With Map" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala, Uganda And Amolatar, Uganda With Interactive Map". Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- Google (24 July 2021). "Location of Amolatar Town Council, Amolatar District, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- Uganda Bureau o Statistics (2012). "Estimated Population of Amolatar In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (Archived from the original on 7 July 2014) on 7 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics (14 June 2020). "The population development of Amolatar as well as related information and services" (Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics). Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- Floods displace 400, set to submerge district offices As of 12 July 2021.